What's new

Search results

1. D

AlibreScript Programming and Learning with VS Code | AlibreScriptAPIVSCodeDemo

Wow! I can really imagine this being super useful for beginners. I will definitely use it in my future projects. :D
  2. D

Exporting part as STEP AP 242

Thanks for the tip! I am well aware that I can export parts in the STEP AP 203/214 format, but my script should also be able to export the current part in the STEP AP 242 format. As I have mentioned before, I have not found any documentation that was able to help me with my problem. Maybe I...
  3. D

Thanks for the response, but I was looking for a way to create the step file inside a script. Thanks for the tip. I've gone ahead and tried to call this method in the Alibre X API, but I got following error: The ExportAP203 and ExportAP214 methods work fine, but the ExportSTEP doesn't. Maybe...
  4. D

Hello everyone I am trying to export a simple 3D part into the STEP AP 242 format. I've tried looking at the docs and was not able to find the correct export type. Additionally, the Part Exporter sample script does not have the option for that format. Does anybody know if that is even possible...
  5. D

Changing the view for the user

Hello everyone Is there a function in Alibre Script where I can change the current view? Example: The User opens a file withing a script and the file is automatically opened in ISO view. Thanks
  6. D

Add-on development using C#

Hello David Thanks for the useful advice. Finally, I settled for Windows Forms instead of WPF. This is because WPF would return errors more often than Windows Forms. If you don't mind, I will use the basic structure of the UtilitiesForAlibre.cs file in your project linked in your Post above...
  7. D

Add-on development using C#

Hello everyone I've been trying to develop an Add-on for Alibre Design using C#. My goal ist to develop an add-on which can start a wpf.net window which can access certain Alibre session attributes(filename, filepath, ...). Since I'm not very experienced using the Alibre API, I've read the...
  8. D

Creating a custom button

I am trying to create a GUI where the User can export his current part to a file. This program also needs to create and read a .ini file, which is needed to save some Information. My custom button should delete this Ini file on button press. Currently, I am trying to accomplish that with...
  9. D

Creating a custom button

Thanks. I wasn't aware that this is a thing. I will look into it
  10. D

Creating a custom button

I am pretty new to python and Alibre Script and I am trying to build a GUI. My goal is to create a custom button which should be able to perform a custom action (deleting a file on button press). At first I tried doing that with the native WindowsInputTypes. Then I tried importing a module...