What's new

Search results

1. J

External Thread

Hi everyone, I have a slight issue with the file attached. The part has been imported from Solidworks. The external thread is 1/8" BSP so the diameter is 9.728mm. When I choose 1/8" bsp from the roote diameter is shown really small. and this shows up in a 2d drawing. If I start a new file and...
  2. J

Library & 2d drawings

Hi everyone, a couple other questions I have after the last thread I created. Firstly I've created just a couple of Library items for now but how do I transfer the library or?and the system and document setting so I can load them to another computer or if I need to do a re install on my...
  3. J

Measuring

hey Harold , I've not touched Alibre since last weekend. Your drawing of the traction engine looks good.. Just going to create another thread with a couple of questions. Jason
  4. J

Measuring

Are building the Ransomes steam engine. Jason
  5. J

Measuring

Yes, didn't think of that. Thanks. It's one less operation. Jason
  6. J

Measuring

Sorry dropped my. I've been filling the holes with an extrude and then using the hole tool to put the cosmetic threaded holes back. Is there an easier way?. Thanks. Jason.
  7. J

Measuring

That looks good. When I first started drawing the Atkinson years ago it was with Turbocad and I had all sorts of problems withe the 3d side of things. I then managed to get my hands on a copy of SOLIDWORKS and I drew the springs in one file but as individual Dodie's/components. I purchased...
  8. J

Measuring

Hi Harold, I looked at the last file you sent and was able to create the full sprint using the contour tool. I've attached the finished assembly for you to have a look at if you like.. Many thanks. jason.
  9. J

Measuring

I probably unlinked it accidently as I've tried this a few times and got slightly frustrated. I will have another go and see if I can rectify the problem. Jason.
  10. J

Measuring

Hi Harold, I've not looked at the last video you sent yet or the file. I have attached a file using the lofted flange and created a leaf as you showed. When i create a new config I can change the length ok but it doesn't like having the radius changed. The status on the rebend command says null...
  11. J

Measuring

Thanks for that info Harold. Here's the package Jason.
  12. J

Measuring

Hi everyone , I have attached 3 files. One is the assembly for a set of leaf springs and the others are 2 of the leafs as part files. From the top spring (No 1) down to spring number six I was creating a sheet metal part so I could unfold and get a length of the material which worked fine. I did...
  13. J

DXF Copy & Paste

Hi there, thanks for that. It's quite easy but I missed it some how. I do have another issue. I created a 2d drawing template a while ago with fields that can be filled in when it is opened to create a drawing. if I fill the fields in at that point everything is fine and it shows when the...
  14. J

DXF Copy & Paste

I everyone, I'm just trying something out. if I open a dxf drawing in Alibre Expert it works fine and I can modify it etc. How do I go about copying it and pasting it into a sketch into the 3d model space if it is possible at all. Thanks. Jason
  15. J

Moving From Solidworks

Thanks everyone for your reply's. I've not had much chance to use it yet but I have re drawn a couple of parts that I had previously drawn in SW and it it quite easy now I have had a play. I had a go at making a part in AD and converted it to sheet metal, unbent it, drew a shape on it and then...
  16. J

Moving From Solidworks

Hi everyone, I've just purchased Alibre Expert as it looks pretty similar to Solidworks which I've had access to for the last 3 or 4 years. I find somethings easier and better than Solidworks but do find at the moment there are certain things that iAlibra doesn't have that would make it even...