What's new

Search results

1. T

v27 Status?

There was a post from the Alibre team (perhaps yourself) about a PDM for v27. Is there any news about this? For me, a huge improvement would be the cosmetic threads that are cut in 3D (like when making a relief on a screw) are also cut in the 2D drawing.
  2. T

2D drawings with modified cosmetic threads

@Dave Machock This is what I explained in my message. The thread runout is still present. @DavidJ It is what i called “simplified representation”. It only works when the thread ends abruptly.
  3. T

“Big name” Alibre users

The front page says “Alibre Design powers engineering projects for some of the best organizations in the world.” with a list of logos. I do wonder what NASA or Mitsubishi use Alibre for. They definitely can afford the best packages on the market so I am really curious about this. You can see...
  4. T

2D drawings with modified cosmetic threads

I have quite a few parts that have cosmetic external threads that have a section removed by a revolved cut to make reliefs. The 3D models looks perfect but the drawing are incorrect: the removed portion of the thread is still present, in fact the cosmetic lines show the full thread with the...
  5. T

How to make a minimal removed section view

Thank you for the tip. The inability to dimension the view when it overlaps the other sounds like a bug to me.
  6. T

I haven’t noticed this that vertical arrow! The second method doesn’t allow to put the view exactly at the cutting plane though. I can now create the view but I can’t put dimensions in it. Those with the arrows at the ends of the cutting plane can have dimensions but not the minimalist ones...
  7. T

Before purchasing Alibre I noticed on the website that it can do removed section a a minimal way: However I am unable to produce such views. The documentation doesn’t give any insight to do something different than illustrated. However, @albie0803 seemed to have succeeded 3 years ago...
  8. T

How to remove spacing after prefix in 2D drawing dimensions?

This is the best solution for external threads but indeed it doesn’t work for internal ones. This is the solution for spherical radii and diameters.
  9. T

I did try this but then I get an error. I can’t post messages containing pictures or links. Maybe it’s only possible when you have posted a certain amount of messages? @HaroldL Indeed this isn’t what I’m looking for. @simonb65 Yes, the ability to fully define the dimension style would be very...
  10. T

Your solution works but of course it breaks the link between the value and the geometry as evandene wrote. Is it the only way?
  11. T

As far as I know, Alibre can’t dimension threads like the picture below (I can’t post links or pictures for some reason) so instead I create linear dimensions and add “M” as a prefix to indicate it’s a metric thread. However, there is a space between the prefix and the value. Also, when...
  12. T

When...!?

That’s great! Are we going to get a glimpse of what’s planned? I usually check the “mrenew” page (sorrry, links don’t work) but there is nothing new yet.
  13. T

Detail in drawing

I have a similar problem and the exported PDF is identical to the view in Alibre. The difference is that the part outline has the right thickness regardless of the scale. Only dimensions and other annotations have their thickness scaled.