What's new

Search results

1. D

Unable to make imported DWG work in Atom3D

I have been trying to figure out how to turn a dwg into a 3D object. Followed this to the letter: https://help.alibre.com/articles/#!alibre-help-v26/create-a-3d-part-from-an-imported-2d-dxf-or-dwg When I paste the drawing into a new sketch I get nothing but a mass of lines, all red and no clear...
  2. D

Atom3D and threads for 3D printing

I've done a bunch of searching here and elsewhere and it seems that only Alibre Design has the ability to make actual threaded holes and not just cosmetic threads. Or is there some hidden way to make threads?
  3. D

Not sure what I did wrong here

Hi all, new user here hoping for a bit of guidance. Last night I designed the attached part for 3D printing. My work flow was this: Activated a sketch on the XZ plane Drew a square Extruded to desired thickness Activated a sketch on one face Drew another square Did a cut extrude to lower that...
  4. D

Thoughts on this laptop for Atom3D

I'm in the market for a decent laptop for Atom3D. I'm currently using an aging Acer Aspire A315 with an A6-9220 processor, 12GB Ram and a 1TB HDD. My design needs are pretty minor; I use it to draw simple cabinets and small furniture items and some 2.5D drawing for my CNC router These are the...
  5. D

Acer A315 SSD upgrade or newer laptop?

Hi all, my first post here. I'm a new Atom3D user trying to eke the most out of my aging laptop, an Acer with a AMD A6-9220 processor. It has 12 GB RAM but a 1GB HDD (not SSD) It's what I use to run my CNC router with UCCNC and it's pretty alright. But with Atom3D it's pretty lethargic. Slow to...