What's new

Search results

1. F

Insert Text on a part

What is the easiest way to insert text on a part, ie a specific font ? It is so I can raise the text on a 3D printed part Thanks f
  2. F

Mirror the folds in Sheet Metal

I have a bracket which I need both a RH and LH bend. One tab side got a bunch of holes and the other opposing side has no holes. Is there a way I can reverse the folding in GM ? When I open and edit the flange, the "reverse" box is greyed out. I was hoping to just have one part to edit and...
  3. F

API or spreadsheet driven design

Hi I'm on Alibre V15 and haven't been doing any CAD work for a couple of years but this is about to change. I want to do complete assembly's, which is either spreadsheet or API driven, but I can't find any information on where geomagic is with the API today. In V15 the spreadsheet driven module...
  4. F

Viewing a model in various views in 2D

When importing a part or assembly into a 2D drawing how do I set the viewing angle/position. The standard views available when inserting a part/assembly are not suitable. I want to set the "camera" angle so to speak. Any suggestions Kim
  5. F

WizoScript

Does anyone know if it possible to include a spreadsheet file in Wizoscript I see that it is possible to use a .csv file but haven't found anything about spreadsheets I prefer Open Office to MS Office, so OO would be even better Thanks Kim
  6. F

Spreadsheet Driven Design

Just updated my PC. Has the latest MS Win V8.1 Excel is 2007 Pro. Geomagic is latest version. The Alibre macro shows up okay in excel, but will not run when activated. Says" The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled. Macros are definitely allowed in excel...
  7. F

Display Error

Just installed Alibre V12.1 When stating I get a "Alibre Design Display Error" with the following code: (0xc0000005) Exception from HRESULT: 0xC0000005 and when I click OK on the fault box, a new part screen screen apaers but I cannot draw anything as the is no drawing area. Any ideas ...
  8. F

Sheet Metal wrap around

I have 2 flanges, one oval and one round spaced apart (in this 450mm) and I need to wrap some sheet metal around these. Does look a bit like a toilet without the S bend (offset as well) :lol: I have set the 2 flange up in Assembly at the correct spacing apart, but how do I wrap the sheet metal...
  9. F

Importing DXF files

I can only import DXF files into the Drawing space. I can save the file as STP but cannot open this file either from within parts or sheet metal Any suggestions ? Kim
  10. F

3D Digitiser or Scanner

3D Digitiser or Scanner I'm looking for a 3D Scanner or Digitiser to scan parts into Alibre (or any common CAD format) for our Waterjet. We often get old parts, like old gears, where we have to make a new set based on the existing parts. Has anyone got...
  11. F

Chain in a part assembly

Chain in a part assembly I've got a project where I need to use a chain for motion control. I need to be able to move the assemble (within its constraints) where the chain is attached to. Do I leave the chain out of the drawing or can I get the chain to...
  12. F

Export of drawings - incorrect sizing

Export of drawings - incorrect sizing There seem to be a issue with exporting drawings from alibre to dwg or dxf format. When I do it theopened drawing show different size in Autocad than it does in Turbocad and none of them are correct. In fact they are out by miles...
  13. F

Fonts

Fonts Hi I need to get some fonts laser cut. Is there a program to convert text to dwg or something. Cheers Kim :D
  14. F

Importing IGES, SAT or STEP Files

Importing IGES, SAT or STEP Files When downloading parts from vendors sites, I often have the oppotunity to use any of the above formats. Which is the best format to use ? AD does not allow any changes to IGES imports Cheers Kim
  15. F

Alibre and TurboCAD conflict

Alibre and TurboCAD conflict We have just had an issue after upgrading TurboCAD to V11 and running Alibre V7, turboCAD would not do SOLID rendering. Apparently the ACIS engine was causing the conflict. Runs OK with AD8.2. Just thought I would people know as...
  16. F

API and Alibre Support

API and Alibre Support Hi I contacted Alibre Support a while ago with a request for a simple sample using the API. Got a reply today as follows: Thank you for contacting Alibre Customer Support! Ref: Support incident # 1630439 The API documentation...
  17. F

API in the real world

API in the real world Has anybody done any useful stuff with the API yet ? Kim :D
  18. F

API and sheet metal

API and sheet metal The API does not support sheet metal (yet). Also I suggest that you read the "Solid Features" section in the API help file as it outlines the bits that are supported/not supported. Also I cannot see any way to access the equestion...
  19. F

Wizards

Wizards It seems to me that a sort of wizard help system that would guide you thru some of the repetitive but still quite complex tasks would be beneficial. This could be especially helpful for users who are not using AD every day, i.e...
  20. F

Worldtech Keyboard

Worldtech Keyboard Does anybody use the special keyboard from worldtech ? Any good ? http://www.tenlinks.com/NEWS/PR/worldte ... alibre.htm Cheers Kim :D