What's new

Search results

1. J

Post Processors for Atom3D or Should I Update to the CNC Versioning?

Seems to be quite a few youtube videos about it. :) Jim
  2. J

You should be fine then if you have their software. Same as everything else. . . . . . familiarity is your friend. You just have to keep doing it. I have a lathe in my garage. I'm almost tempted but probably best if I don't. ;):) Jim
  3. J

Just looked online. Watched a Turning video. Acorn software looks good on first inspection. Is it a sensible price? Although the treading looked like a straight plunge so cutting both sides of the tool. Don't know if it can follow the flank angle like a G76 does????? Long time since I did any...
  4. J

Does it have any "canned cycles" ? Rough & finish turning, threading etc? If not I can understand the need for post processing. If you have them it's fairly straight forward to write the programs yourself. Jim
  5. J

Is your lathe work very complicated then? What controller is on your Lathe / Lathes ? Jim
  6. J

Sooo...What's this?

I watched some tutorials on RM last night and so far I'm VERY impressed. Time is my constraint here so I'll keep watching as & when I can and then I'll download the trial. Aspire has an "Emboss" tool which flattens a 3D model so it can be carved but RM looks FAR better. I'm rather excited about...
  7. J

How to extend lines in 2D drawing

Yes but if you don't select them in the correct order it seems that it doesn't work so you try and try again & again & again & again & . . . . . . . . . . . I've not used the Alibre method yet but can see that having the separate button also makes a lot of sense. Jim
  8. J

Sooo...What's this?

I have a 6090 CNC router and use Aspire V11.5 I can create a 3D relief from an STL etc. but on the couple of times I've done it I didn't get results as good as the one in the video. If it's not silly money I'll take a look at RM when I get a free minute. If it's expensive then I won't bother. Jim
  9. J

Alibre and CAM partners

I too use Vectric Aspire. :) Jim
  10. J

KeyShot Going to Subscription - Oh Boy!

I too will not pay subscription. :( Jim
  11. J

Project to Sketch

I just looked at the features and price then decided to go for the full version. (Risky if Mrs. Jim finds out) but as I was doing a bit of freelance work I got the tax man to pay. :) I turned 70 last week and still doing a bit. In fact I got a call whilst in Tenerife last week. I have to model...
  12. J

Project to Sketch

Sorry for the delay. Been on a cruise to the Canaries to celebrate my 70th. I decided to upgrade from Atom and just thought "Oh well I'll go for the full package and hope Mrs. Jim doesn't find out." I remember looking at the list of things different between Pro & Expert and made a choice. I'm...
  13. J

Project to Sketch

I'm still asleep. I said I have Pro. I don't. I have Expert. It's 04:30 here in the UK. :) Jim
  14. J

Creating Helical Threads with Catalog Features

Thank you Harold. I'll need to come back and watch this a few times. Jim
  15. J

Project to Sketch

I started with Atom but very quickly upgraded to Pro as I could see what a bargain it is. ( my Wife would go crazy if she found out ) I'm just a retired hobbyist but do a bit of freelance stuff as & when I can. My maintenance has finished now and I'll decide whether to renew it or not when I...
  16. J

[SOLVED]Need help importing dxf file in Alibre V27

Sorry I couldn't help with my limited 2D knowledge.
  17. J

I brought it into an Alibre drawing sheet but not got experience or time to go any further.
  18. J

It did have errors but opens OK now.
  19. J

I'm only guessing but I tried to flatten it. Jim
  20. J

Project to Sketch

Bear in mind that Expert is the highest level of the software and if you buy Pro or Atom you will not get all the feature and tools. Jim