What's new

Search results

1. J

STP defect

A part that looks fine in Alibre, looks broken in the Xometry viewer when exported as STEP. Is this an irrelevant glitche in the xometry viewer or evidence that the part is defective somehow?
  2. J

In pursuit of perfect threads

I would like some feedback on my thread design and the tolerance I have chosen. I'll be printing using SLS in nylon 12. The o.d. of the male part is 30.55mm before I add the thread. The picture shows how I have put the trough of my thread profile tangent to the cylinder surface. The pitch is...
  3. J

Threads cause slowdown

I decided to use threads to assemble my parts. The threads have caused such severe slowdown that the software has become essentially unusable. I'm presently working on an assembly. I wanted to look at a sectional view to double check visually that the inside and outside threads on my parts match...
  4. J

Duplication problems

I need a reliable way to duplicate a sketch. I've been using ctrl-a, ctrl-c, and then opening the new sketch and ctrl-v. The results are routinely unreliable. Almost without exception I have to re-constrain parts of the sketch where constraints were mysteriously left out. 1) why are select-all...
  5. J

equations with parameters

I attempted an equation like this: "sqrt(D13-D26)". Why won't it work? I removed the square root and tried simple subtraction but that was also a fail. It seems as if the equation editor actually will not take more than one parameter. In the past I've successfully subtracted a constant from a...