What's new

Search results

1. F

Global Parameters in Atom3D

Excel driven file with Atom3D? How? The icon for it will not enabled in my setup?
  2. F

@Ex Machina really? So you are saying that I can open 2 files and copy a reference lines from File 1 and paste it in File 1 and the when I change the sketch in File 1 that reference will also change in File 2? Is that what you mean? If it is, then is is cool then. Well, I did that in one of the...
  3. F

I am getting used to Alibre after few weeks of using it, unfortunately, the global parameters is really not available with Atom 3D version. I guess pro version is a way to go. Since I am a poor hobbyist :p I'll wait for a big discount this year to get the pro license. Global parameters is just a...
  4. F

Anyone using Atom3D Creating a Loft with Center Line Guide

I don't see that options in Atom 3D unfortunately. I actually saw that video and following it but it is a guide using the Pro version.
  5. F

Centerline Lofting along 3D Spline

@HaroldL Hello! I'm new to Alibre and using Atom3D, do you have an idea how to go about recreating this design in my version of Alibre? :D Atom3D only have 2D Sketch and I created 3 sketches but my guide line will show an error "Open loop" and I cannot use it as centerline wihen creating a loft...
  6. F

Alibre Atom - Center Point Rectangle

Probably, I understand cheaper version has to give up most of the features in the pro versions. As a software developer myself, balance is the key and centering on "good business" is not in balance at all. People will go find alternative and you'll loose that so called "good business". Anyhow...
  7. F

Anyone using Atom3D Creating a Loft with Center Line Guide

Hello! Is there a way to get the reference point of a center line for loft in Atom3D? I'm watching this video tutorial and seems pretty straight forward but I cannot see a x reference point of the center line so I can connect it to the sketch for creating a loft. How do I go about doing this in...
  8. F

o_O Say, I selected the XY plane then I want to center a rectangle in the plane midpoint. Sorry, new to Alibre but what is the origin?
  9. F

Boo Alibra Dev team, I know Atom3D is cheap version but hey, would you loose some revenue giving away the center rectangle? :rolleyes:
  10. F

Hello! I'm creating a project with multiple parts and wanted to create a global parameters so I can reuse parameters in each parts. Is it something possible in Atom3D version? When I tried to select global parameters in the dropdown and then define my parameters, after clicking OK all the values...
  11. F

Creating an Arch Inside a Rectangle Causes Sketch Is Not Closed Error

Hmm... good idea! I will do that, sounds easier.
  12. F

@simonb65 I see, thank you so much! Coming from Fusion 360 this overlapping sketch is allowed. Cool! Now I know.
  13. F

Hello! New to Alibre Atom3D and I'm trying to create a simplerectangle with rounded top corner. So I created a rectangle then arc in the left corner. When I exit sketch I get an error "sketch is not closed" error. I zoomed in the ends of arch and it is constraints to the rectangle line. I also...