What's new

Search results

1. T

How do I hide the object itself to see only the sketch

Thanks Stu3d. I'm using Atom, which is immeasurably easier than my previous software. I just have to adapt and make it work. Clearly plenty of people don't see the issue or this forum would be full of it ;-)
  2. T

I'm so sorry, I missed the reply in my email and only just logged back in. So this is an example sketch. If you notice I have drawn a construction line on the very top line of this. Now if I try and select this line then as I move over the line this happens. The shapes underlying...
  3. T

I am sure this is obvious, but I cannot find anything anywhere to help me to do this. I want to hide the 3D object I am building and only look at the sketch I am working on. I have brought through references to another sketch and I cannot see the lines brought across because those displaying...
  4. T

Global Parameters in Atom3D

Thank you all for your input, clearly I need to learn help manual as well! Always a challenge When you are a power user in work life on someone elses bugdet. I've been using freecad for years and tried alibre trial to see if it was worth paying for something. Just being able to stop worrying...
  5. T

It's normally easier to implement global variables than variables with scope. I guess that could lead to horrible issues I guess if all parameters were available everywhere. I actually got around it by bringing a reference line in from a part and dimensioning it as a driven value. Messy but...
  6. T

Well that is illogical, I'd have assumed it would go the other way! Wonder what the reasoning is around that? Do you know if there is a way to copy the parameters from one part into another part? Not having global params seems to make assemblies more difficult to manage.