What's new

Search results

1. sacherjj

What do you use to manage File and Folder Versions? (Other than renaming versions...)

So as a programmer, I typical version files with a source control system. This does work for Alibre files, but is a little more work that I'd like at times. I have not found a piece of software that I've thought of and don't know if it is out there and I missed it, or if no one has built it...
  2. sacherjj

Modelling tube with flattened ends

Trying to figure out the best way to model an aluminum tube with flattened ends. I can get lofts to work if I model half a tube, and then either have to boolean merge or assembly. If I use tubular shapes, a loft doesn't work. Is there an easier way for this?
  3. sacherjj

Exporting all Models from Assembly for 3D printing

Couldn't find a good way to get each of the individual model STEP or STL out from an Assembly for printing, except opening each manually to export. This exports all, and deduplicates multiple used parts by filename.
  4. sacherjj

Scripting Object Docs?

I'm looking all around and seeing many examples, but cannot find the object APIs for scripting. I found this in a thread: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VBC92HOAkMPXikrkiCeVebNg9V-d-igJlTxoCNYk1BA/edit#gid=0 Am I missing a document somewhere?
  5. sacherjj

Spice Holding Slider - My first real design in Alibre

I've been working on optimizing the kitchen as I cook as much as my wife. And enhancements for the house are the easiest way to justify a Bambu X1C. While I printed one of the generic versions of spice holder, we decided to get a pack of spice bottles, which allows a custom design that fits...
  6. sacherjj

Is there a way to default to Maintain Association with Project to Sketch?

I find that 95% of the time I want to have the Maintain Association with the Project to Sketch. This is an extra click of the checkbox every time. Is there a way to default this to true?
  7. sacherjj

Bug - Save As dialog should be modal.

Save As dialog should be modal. It is opening as a different window and blocking action on the main window. This is generally not a problem. However, if you alt+tab to another window that covers the drawing window to get info from a reference drawing to get filename. Then you at tab back to...
  8. sacherjj

Simulating cable over pulley?

I'm working on a system that takes a pivot bracket to cable, then through pulleys and back to a pivot bracket. This is a single cable and pulley system, so no mechanical advantage and displacement ratios. Just a distance from the first pivot to tangent of first pulley and the tangent of last...
  9. sacherjj

Assigning key codes, can't find many functions.

I was watching a YouTube video where there seems to be MANY more options of assigning keys than current options I see in System Options -> Keyboard Shortcuts. Trying to optimize sketching currently with setting S - Select, D - Dimension, L - Line, R - Rectangle, etc. But I can't find out how...