What's new

Search results

1. J

How to extend lines in 2D drawing

Wow! That is really easy once you know the process (I won't tell you how long I played around to no avail).. Thank you so much. I'm really starting to like Alibre, a lot.
  2. J

How to extend lines in 2D drawing

I have a 2D drawing containing a part which has the corners filleted. I wish to extand the lines to the corner which was removed so I can dimension the pre-cut part size. So I'm activating a 2D Sketch, but then I can no longer select the edges to be extended. Is there an easy way to...
  3. J

Alibre drawing Window FROZEN with big red X on top

I had created the drawing and was just trying to do the first save (which I do often). That is when it froze-up. Support has requested logs, which I'll get to them soon. Thanks eveyone.
  4. J

License Portal, purpose

Understood. Thanks
  5. J

License Portal, purpose

Thanks DavidJ. I think I understand now. But I'd expect that even without a maintenance contract that support would release the license from a dead or stolen PC for me. I'd just need to call them. Right?
  6. J

Ah, thanks. Yes, I tried that and the frozen window was covering all other Alibre windows. Even when I used Windows (WinKey+Tab) to select the Alibre home window, the frozen window would pop back up over it.
  7. J

How would I activate the menu bar? It seemed to ignore all mouse clicks, and I couldn't get to anything on the top of the window with the big red X there.
  8. J

Okay, will do. Thanks.
  9. J

License Portal, purpose

Thanks guys. That is very helpful, and gives me another option to consider before my purchase.
  10. J

License Portal, purpose

I see that one thing you get with annual maintenance is "the ability to use the license portal". But I can't find an explanation of what I can do via the license portal. What would I lose by not getting access to the license portal?
  11. J

Well, it does not appear to be easily reproducable. I did the exact same thing as last time, with no issues this time.
  12. J

I had to reboot to recover and the drqwing file wasn't saved so I have no data for them to analyze. But I'll try to create the drawing file again, and will capture data for support if it occurs again. Thanks for the information.
  13. J

I have a drawing window with a big red X on top frozez-up which I cannot kill or do anything with. What does this mean? How can I proceed?
  14. J

What is the Benefit of Alibre Packages

Ah, got it. Thanks.
  15. J

I understand. I'm about 20 days into my 30 day trial of Alibre, and I have already learned so much - largely thanks to this forum. Thank you for all that you do!!!
  16. J

Okay, now I get it. Thank you. As a sideline, would my idea of using a single drawing file provide a way of including all part and assembly files in an Alibre package? Any disadvantages of using a single drawing file with multiple sheets vs. a separate drawing file for each part and assembly?
  17. J

I build up each project under a single directory, with subdirectories as needed. Inside that project directory, I create all the parts, with a drawing for each part, then build up assemblies, often nested multiple levels, with a drawing for each of them. With zip, it is easy to put everything...
  18. J

Exactly what are you referring to when you say "hardware"?
  19. J

I'm having difficulty seeing the benefit of Alibre Packages as compared with Zip files. Can someone please explain how packages provide any more value than just putting all related project/assembly/drawing files into a single zip file?
  20. J

Project to Sketch

So I might have gone with Expert is f only considering the one time up front cost. But the annual maintenance also goes up, and that runs indefinitely. Okay, I'm 71 so that may not be a long time, but one can hope. Right? I'm not sure of the value of the maintenance contract. Once I have a...