What's new

Search results

1. C

Export Import errors with this part.

Export Import errors with this part. When I do a part export to one of these standards and then turn right around and import the data back in...sometimes the part comes in with [what AD considers] bad geometry. I for one would be interested in knowing why? And the...
  2. C

Able to rename 3d views and assemblybooleans in the DE

Able to rename 3d views and assemblybooleans in the DE My models get confusing as they are getting more complicated. Nice to be able to rename everything in the design explorer except the 3d views and assembly booleans would be all the better. Steve
  3. C

Physical properties...Why does the option work like this?

Physical properties...Why does the option work like this? Yes...I am just over a month old...so maybe that's why I don't understand why some things work in AD the way they do. I want some part properties and tried to make sense of the manual [almost hopeless] and Help [almost confusing]...
  4. C

New hidden Features in V9

New hidden Features in V9 Here is a place where you can post the new features and funny things you discover in V9.0. On my machine I can launch as many copies of AD as I want... :shock: [up to memory limit of course] If I work in 4 copies at once...can I...
  5. C

The Captains How To do a complete un-install

The Captains How To do a complete un-install I was having problems with Alibre Design that no body at support could figure out. So it was un-install and re-install time...except the directions from support for doing a "clean un-install" don't get the whole job done. Here is...
  6. C

Have you been STEPed on.

Have you been STEPed on. I finally finished my first assembly since becomming a "paying" user as of a few days ago. After the work was all done...my AD "standard" starting doing "bad" things like adding 17 meg of error messages to my alibre.log file in...
  7. C

What determines the grid layout in a sketch?

What determines the grid layout in a sketch? My plan was to create a panel of wood diamond lath...the kind that you see used as a trellis for growing vines. The real world construction is 1/4 by 1 1/2 inch strips of redwood spaced 1 1/2 inch apart in opposite directions of a...
  8. C

It must be in another diminsion!

It must be in another diminsion! I have this pesty diminsion [which is the length of an extrusion] that is showing up in my test drawing. I don't know where the dim lable came from or how to get rid of it [the lable]. The only way I can find to suppress it is to...
  9. C

New User 2d drawing problems.

New User 2d drawing problems. I found these 7 “problems” during the first 4 hours working in Alibre Design. I am 54 years old and started drafting when I was 16. These days, when I think I know what I'm doing, I design and build custom yachts...