What's new

Search results

1. H

Problems Saving

why does it say that there are duplicate parts?
  2. H

Problems Saving

I've been saving to my user account on our school's network... not sure how to use the repository...
  3. H

Problems Saving

Problems Saving Why can't I save my assembly? In the corfirm section, it has the "OK" button greyed out so I can't click it... why? Under "Action Type", it list numerous parts as "duplicate"??? ?? Howie
  4. H

Alibre software really lags during various processes

My student has a P4, 2.4 GHz cpu... What would we use to benchmark speed? Loading time? processing time? I'm not sure what he used to compare...
  5. H

Would we get any improvement in speed by jumping from version 7.0 (our present version) to 8.0?
  6. H

One of my students has Alibre 7.0 installed at home and he has a 1 GB RAM memory installed, an ATI X800 Pro 256 bit video card (256 MB video memory), running Windows XP Professional. He claims that he only notices about a 2X increase in processing speed... hmmmm... not a big jump in power...
  7. H

we have 25 machines in our lab... what would be a decent video card that you would recommend? ATI? nVidia?
  8. H

I looked on the Intel site in reference to the graphics controllers we have. It too states that the graphics controller uses system memory... hmmm... we will have to look into hardware upgrades... video cards can be expensive eh?
  9. H

so I should up the RAM to 512 mb?
  10. H

Alibre software really lags during various processes Our Drafting and Computer Aided Design 30 class is just about complete their final project (Mars Rover) and we have a concern about the the time it takes to process the various tasks in Alibre (3D AutoCAD software) on my lab's...
  11. H

collision detection in Alibre?

thanks everyone for the help!!
  12. H

Can you constrain a rotating part so that it can only rotate a certain # of degrees?
  13. H

collision detection in Alibre? How does one get Alibre to restrict rotating parts from overlapping each other (detect when one part collides with another)? Cory
  14. H

teaching Alibre to grade 12 students

thanks for the help "mr.ska" and "jwknecht"! Anyone else have any input?
  15. H

teaching Alibre to grade 12 students

teaching Alibre to grade 12 students I am in the process of planning my Drafting and Computer Aided Design 30 class (grade 12) for the fall. I will be teaching 3D modelling using Alibre Design Standard. My class has already taken (taught by myself) Drafting and Computer...