What's new

Search results

1. A

Vista Compatability

Vista Compatability Anyone had problems running AD on Vista? I'm planning to buy a new computer and I 'd like to know if I should buy a copy of XP.
  2. A

How do I "decomission" a computer

How do I "decomission" a computer How do I cancel the license for a computer?
  3. A

Dynamic Updating of drawings?

Dynamic Updating of drawings? Is there a method that I don't know about to update a drawings with part or assembly changes other than closing and reopening the drawing?
  4. A

Configurations and holes sizes

Configurations and holes sizes Just discovered something annoying. Apparently hole sizes are not saved with configurations. Or am I doing it the wrong way? Anyone else encountered this?
  5. A

Analyzing a welded assembly in Design Check

Analyzing a welded assembly in Design Check I am just starting to use Design Check, and was wondering how to get around the fact that it will analyze single parts only. I would like to perform analyses of welded assemblies, and my idea is to model the assembly as a single...
  6. A

How good is the FEA in AD Pro

How good is the FEA in AD Pro I am considering the upgrade to AD Pro. I'd appreciate comments from current users of how useful the plug-in is. I would use it most often immediatley for evaluating deflection of plates under pressure.
  7. A

Erratic display with drawings - AARGH!

Erratic display with drawings - AARGH! When working with drawings I am finding that the text (like dimensions and annotations )get "scattered" all over my notebook screen, that is when it shows up at all. I know that in the past there have been discussions about drivers...
  8. A

Making a duplicate part file by Saving As...

Making a duplicate part file by Saving As... I tried to make a new part that was a simple modification of an exisitng part by saving the original part under a new file name and modifiying it. AD apparently did not like this and gave me errors when I tried to do the...
  9. A

Hidden lines not showing in imported files

Hidden lines not showing in imported files I have some imported STEP files for which I am creating drawings. I notice however that I am not getting hidden lines. Will only a native AD format generate hidden lines? Another characteristic I have noticed is that cylinders...
  10. A

Decent publisher/Viewer?

Decent publisher/Viewer? I've been looking around for a good viewer that I can use to share my Alibre work with others. I've tried ModelPress from Informative Graphics and it does a decent job of publising ACIS (SAT) files exported from my AD assemblies...
  11. A

Rhino 3DM support

Rhino 3DM support I am a Rhino user and I was very excited to hear that AD would support 3DM files, but it seems to me that AD is only importing the files as a feature and you cannot "edit" them (add a hole, etc). Am I missing something?
  12. A

Alibre based on OpenGL or Direct3D?

Alibre based on OpenGL or Direct3D? In the system requirements, Direct3D is listed but nothing refering to an OpenGL compatible card. Does Alibre use OpenGL. If not why? "Everyone" else does.