What's new

Search results

1. K

Getting a part to follow a path

So I am an Sculptor. I want to make a wreath out of leaves. I have lots of leaf shapes and have made several round wreaths with the circular pattern tool. How do I make a heart shaped wreath and get the leaves to follow the shape?
  2. K

Not sure how to proceed from here.

Never thought of that! I am so much a nubbe with all this stuff. Just trying to make my work load smaller.
  3. K

Still trying to figure out boolean. Doesn't make much sense to me for some reason. Will play more! Thank you for the tip and information.
  4. K

So I made a part with several pieces on it. Is there a way to separate the pieces and make drawings of them? I attached the file so you all can see what I am trying to do. Can I take apart so I can measure the different pieces to draw? Or just send each piece to make a drawing for the...
  5. K

A part I would like to make...

Those will help! Thanks guys!!
  6. K

A part I would like to make...

But can't figure out how to even start.... I made this out of metal with not too much trouble but would love to have a part file to back it up. Any ideas?!?!?!
  7. K

CubeX Experiences?

When mine works it's great, but... Can't keep the z-gap set. Have to mess with it for every print. Set it up and start to print, find that the gap is wrong. Go back to check and find the gap has changed from when I set it 5 minutes ago. Very frustrating!!
  8. K

OK, here's a new one for everyone

Thanks David, I will look for that and give it a play... One of the things I love about my job is I get to play a lot!
  9. K

This is what I have for an equation. [x]: sin u(7+cos(u/3 -2v)+2cos(u/3+v)) [y]: cos u(7+cos(u/3 - 2v)+2cos(u/3+v)) [z]: sin (u/3-2v)+2sin(u/3+v) I copied it from Wikipedia on the umbilic torus page. When I try to input this I get a syntax error. The program I am trying to use is K3DSurf...
  10. K

Is there a way to input a mathematical formula to make a part? I have the x, y an z math to make the part but can't find a way to input it. I am a sculptor and I work in welded steel. Been using this program for several years now to do my design work. Been playing with some geometric...
  11. K

Just upgraded to 12, Where is the parts window???

Well I am back online and everything works!!! :D :D Only took a new video card and about 6 hours of debugging to get it all working again. Tech says the update from HP for the card was screwed. Took out the registry. All is fine now. Thank god for backups and paper files with lots of...
  12. K

Well, the doctor just left with my computer under his arm. :( :( Seems the video card went to lunch and never came back. The registry is corrupted and he can't get the new driver to install. So I am on my wife's computer for now. Thanks for the advise guys. Looks like it will cost money to...
  13. K

That's what I am thinking may have happened. The computer was off in the morning, I had left it on overnight. I am trying to find the right place to look for the update. Not very good at this kind of thing.
  14. K

Was running 10 and the part window just went away. I can not longer open any of my drawings or the part window. My background colors are gone, I just get a white backgound. I am running vista 64 bit. Everything has been working fine, now I get nothing? I upgraded to 12 and still nothing...
  15. K

Can't get in to the repository

:o :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :wink: OK,,, So I feel a little stupid. But that does explain why I could not get it to work. Note to self.... READ THE BOOK Thanks for looking at my work, I have a lot of fun making stuff with my hands. Now it's off to do some reading :lol:
  16. K

Re: Yes I do have a website, it is http://www.kevincaron.com I am running a paid verison of "10" and as for if it comes with the repository or not I could not say for sure. Can you tell me what the repository is for? Do I need it?
  17. K

Re: Oh boy now you are asking the hard questions! :lol: I have never used the repository to save files because I was not sure what it was for. :? After looking through the windows file system for a part I wanted (and reading the...
  18. K

version 10
  19. K

Re: Sorry it took so long to get back on the board, Hi Gaspar; I looked for the "loading repositories" window and did not see it go by, it may have but it all loaded so fast at one point I could not tell what it was doing. Can I...
  20. K

Can't get in to the repository The button will not work. It is not grayed out, it just will not open. I have been saving everything in the file system and now have too much "stuff" in there to find what I am looking for. Need to do some housecleaning I guess...