What's new

Search results

1. flacustom

Global Parameters For Cabinet Box

To date I have been building my basic cabinet boxes using configurations for the various parts and cabinet assemblies. While this has been working fine, after watching the Global Parameters instructional video it seems like I may save some time building various sizes by just changing the...
  2. flacustom

Simlab Integration

Does Simlab 3D plugin work with V27? I've tried twice to install the demo version and when selecting the logo in the Add ons it says Simlab can't be found, so I uninstalled and tried again. Is anybody using the free demo version with Alibre V27? Thanks - Dusty
  3. flacustom

Trying to Apply Carbon Fiber to Rendering

In the process of rendering a model in KeyShot, I tried to add the 2 x 2 Black Twill fabric from the KS material library, but it only appears black in the completed rendering. I did a little research and from what I can see the parts/surfaces in question need UV mapping (?). I have used...
  4. flacustom

Sketch feature on Non Planar surface?

I was wondering if there was a way to use a sketch feature on a non planar surface? I have a curved panel that I would like to mimic a raised panel door with 2 1/4" full depth perimeter to mimic rails and stiles with a 1/2" deep extrude cut to mimic the center panel on the convex surface. If...
  5. flacustom

Import .DWG as 3D

Hello, I downloaded a file from a company for a part that is listed as an Autocad 2D/3D file in .DWG format. But it will only open in Alibre as a 2D drawing. Is there a way to import or open this file as a 3D part? Thank you, - Dusty
  6. flacustom

Opening an Autocad 3D file?

Hi All, Happy Holidays! I just downloaded a 3D file from SubZero refrigeration and I would like to be able to incorporate it into an assembly of a kithchen that I am working on. I can open it in DWG TrueView 2009 and manipulate it, but I do not know how or if I can import it into Alibre as a...
  7. flacustom

Help With A Model

Good Day All, I am modeling a floor plan layout for a Bar we are building in a restaurant. We did a field measure and I have the complete area modeled with the floor, walls and the piping loations in a multi-configuration part file and then inserted into an assembly where I am adding my bar...
  8. flacustom

Version 11 Preview

Has anyone checked out the new Ver. 11 performance enhancements e-mail message? It looks very interesting and advertises a late Summer release? Ver.11 link
  9. flacustom

Off Topic - Need Computer Help please!

This is not Alibre related but I know there are some very computer savvy folks on here and I really hope someone can help. My 11yr old daughter decided to put a password on her Windows log-in to keep here sister off her computer (ah, sibling love) and of course she has forgotten it and we can...
  10. flacustom

Editing Linear sketch repeat?

Is there any way to edit a pattern created in a sketch when using the linear sketch repeat tool? It does not seem to show up in the design explorer so I have been just editing the sketch and deleting the current pattern and making a new one. Thanks...Dusty
  11. flacustom

Sheet Layout option?

Hi Kirk, I figure this is probably a question for you... I just started looking at my Sheet layout program to get my head around it and one thing that I noticed, or should I say couldn't figure out, was that after the program generates a layout for you it does not look like there is any way to...
  12. flacustom

Editing/Deleting 3D Annotations

I want to edit or delete a annotation that I added to a part. I know how to do it in a drawing but can't seem to do it in 3D. On that note, is there anyway to get the pointer to point to a specific feature of a part other than a face or edge. I wanted to attach the note with arrow to a hole in a...
  13. flacustom

Strange Happenings

Last Week I was starting a very simple assembly and had only inserted five 1 1/4" sq tubes and was inserting an axis in a hole to align a future bolt when everything locked up on me. I shut everything down and re-started but the assembly would open with an error message, all the parts were in...
  14. flacustom

Simple Problem

Could somebody show me how to make a tapered countersink hole for a simple flat head screw in a flast surface? It seems so simple but I am stumped. Thanks...Dusty
  15. flacustom

Adding custom surfaces to Photorender

Adding custom surfaces to Photorender Good' day all... I was wondering if there is a way to import custom surface patterns into Photo render. Woodworks has a great tutorial on modifying the current wood grains more to your taste but I thougt he also mentioned that you...
  16. flacustom

Problems publishing a PDF 2D drawing

Problems publishing a PDF 2D drawing Hi All, I hope someone can give me a quick fix on this. I have already published both 2D & 3D PDF's sucessfully but today after a few successful 3D PDF I am trying to publish a 2D version of one of those models. I keep getting a...
  17. flacustom

Measuring surface area

Measuring surface area Is there a way to measure the surface area of multiple part faces in an assembly in square feet or meters? In the measurement dialog box it lists a surfce area for a face but I am not familiar with the measurement symbol behind the...
  18. flacustom

Changing line color for parts in drawings...

Changing line color for parts in drawings... Is there a way to change the line color of a part or a group of parts in a drawing without having to shift-click each line segment? I create new layers with differing colors for this and I am able to select a group of line segments...
  19. flacustom

Help!

Help! I have gone through most all of the relevant Alibre' tutorials and well as Woodworks excellent wood related tutorials and I just started modeling my first real life part for a job we are working on. I was going to post a question...