What's new

Search results

1. B

RepRap Ormerod 3D Printer Kit

This looks interesting. Available from RS Components: http://www.designspark.com/eng/nodes/vi ... inter-kit/
  2. B

Alibre / 3DS / Geomagic / Cubify

I have not used Alibre / 3DS / Geomagic / Cubify as much recently as I have in the past. To some degree I am waiting to see how the rebranding pans out before I make too many longer term decisions. I received an emailed 'offer' from 3DS yesterday. Cubify Design (formerly Alibre Design Personal...
  3. B

Alibre Translate Experience

I have Alibre Translate and recently received some parasolid models. The files are large (20Mb) assemblies and take several minutes to open. I only need to view them and take the odd measurement which I can do, but I have noticed a few odd effects. I tried exporting as stl. Despite several...
  4. B

In Place Editing

I can click on a dimension to get the In Place Editing icons. I can change the dimension style to a predefined style which seems works ok. When I subsequently check the selected style, it appears as Custom rather than the predefined style. I also notice that after using the traditional...
  5. B

Reposition Dimensions

The reposition dimension feature looks great. I can't for the life of me get the Apply button to become active and so the feature does not work. What am I doing wrong :(
  6. B

Direct Metal Laser Sintering

Attached picture is just for interest. The part is a sperical pressure port head for air flow measurement. The sphere is 10mm diameter, stainless steel, and has several air ports that emerge onto the spherical surface. The ports are 0.5mm diameter. The top part of the picture shows the head on...
  7. B

How to Restore Chinese antique furniture, Tibetan lacquerwar

There are a number of woodworkers using Alibre who contribute to this forum. They are mainly new furniture makers rather than restorers. I am sure that Alibre will be ideal for restoration. It is very quick and easy to reverse enineer parts and assemblies which will be a good starting point for...
  8. B

Loft Problem

I am trying to model a transition for some fibre optic filaments. The filamets are 0.1mm diameter and when laid side by side, cover a 50mm width. They will transition into a circular bundle around 2.7mm diameter. The bundle will be below the line of fibres. I have tried to model the transition...
  9. B

Pattern Count Parameter

When I create a pattern in an assembly (linear or circular) and set the count value to another parameter of type Count, the parameter name turns red when the mouse is clicked outside of the box. Can anyone confirm this and offer any explanation?
  10. B

VB.Net Callback Functions

Can anyone explain how to implement EventManager Callback functions in VB.Net?
  11. B

Custom Toolbar

Tried to create a custom toolbar. Clicked New and typed in a name. Added Select icon from View category. Clicked Apply and got this error message.
  12. B

Drawing View Alignment

I have a drawing with two views which are the front views from two separate components. I want to exactly align one view on top of the other view. Each view has reference marks to use for alignment. The constraint and dimension tools only work on features within a single view. Can anyone...
  13. B

2D Drawing Template Update

I have a bunch of drawings that were originally done in V10. I want to replace the drawing template with a V11 one which has field properties defined. I can remove the original template and, by right clicking on each sheet and selecting Sheet Properties, I can update the drawing template. The...
  14. B

Garden Bench Project

I am in the process of making a wooden garden bench that I have modelled using Alibre. I've kept a few notes and assembled a website that can be viewed here: http://www.woodwork.longlands.net/ One of the main intentions is to learn how to use a domestic router and so the bench was designed...
  15. B

AutoHotKey and Home Window

I have just started to use AutoHotKey. I've run into a problem controlling the Home window that I can't fathom. What I'm trying to do is to open a series of drawings one at a time. The drawing file names are stored in a text file. The script successfully reads the text file and I can display the...
  16. B

Alibre Exercise Manual

In the Downloads section of the Alibre website there is a link to Alibre Exercise Manual in the documentation. When I click on this link I am asked for a document password. Does anyone know what this document is and why it is password protected. I tried my user password and it did not work. Regards
  17. B

V11 First Impressions

V11 Trial I spent this afternoon putting the V11 trial through its paces. I created several parts, assemblies and drawings. Clearly some useful improvements but a few annoying faults. Good points 1) Installed on spare PC with Win2K. No installation issues. 2) Screens familiar. No change to...
  18. B

Equation Editor & Global Dimensions

I have used spreadsheet driven parameters to maintain part and assembly dimension relationships, which works quite well. The technique takes some effort to setup, and requires Excel, or another appropriate spreadsheet. Once set up with spreadsheet driven parameters, you can't backtrack. I'd...
  19. B

What do you use Alibre for?

Do you use Alibre for work or for a hobby? Do you use it for illustration or as a manufacturing aid? What about CAM or rapid prototyping? I'm interested to know what Alibre users get out of the software. I work in engineering instrumentation. I design measurement systems used primarily in...
  20. B

Alibre License

I want to install Alibre onto a PC that does not have an internet connection. I intend to run the installation in Xpress mode which does not require a license. When Alibre first starts I get a panel requesting that I enter a user name / password or that I register / buy the product. Whichever...