What's new

Search results

1. P

Dual LCD graphics card ?

Re: Hi, I have just recently changed to dual LCD. I have had mixed experiences, Radeon 9550 128MB gives acceptable performance on screen 1, but jerky movement of 3D solids on screen 2. However, it does allow both screens to be updated at...
  2. P

64 Bits

maybe there is hope Just a thought on Alibre and its Java heritage.... I recall reading that Alibre was ported into the MS J++/.NET architechture. If this is so, then the code is already moderately abstracted from the hardware, as the code running in...
  3. P

64 Bits

AMD64/WinXP-64Bit/Alibre...not yet Hi, I recently changed my pc over to a A64 2800+ (1.8GHz), and kept the 1G of PC2700 memory from my last PC. I loaded up the XP x64 edition from microsoft (beta) and discovered the following: 1. Drivers seem to be hard to come by...
  4. P

Is there something wrong in the alibre web site:

Is there something wrong in the alibre web site: Hi, I was trying to get to the local help file to download (in case it has changed since 8.1). However, upon logging in and going to support->downloads i get: <quote> Server Error in '/' Application...
  5. P

Drawing Revision Block

Drawing Revision Block Hi, I am updating some sheetmetal parts and have to update a new revision of the drawing. It there some easy way of putting in revisions into the block, or do you have to draw a box, put in the notes and so on? On a related note, is...
  6. P

3D Section with two planes

Actually I meant section views in the model. Kind of like the illustrations that (briefly) flash by on the lower right which can be seen on http://www.aebishop.com/bi.htm (if you have flash enabled) I guess the only workaround would be to extrude cuts through the parts? Regards, Peter
  7. P

3D Section with two planes

3D Section with two planes Hi - I have a shaft design inside a housing where I would like to have the inner detail displayed by sectioning parts of the assembly housing, with two planes common with the shaft axis at an angle to each other of 120 degrees. Is it...
  8. P

What is your 2D companion CAD to Alibre?

I also use TurboCAD. Recently I upgraded to the latest v 10, and I am fairly comfortable using it with 2D (I used to be ok with it in 3D until I started with Alibre - now I cant go back!). However I still find some use for it in 3D such as scene rendering of 3D step files generated in Alibre, or...