What's new

Search results

1. K

FEMDesigner Add-On

I installed the stand-alone version of FEMDesigner last friday, and now that I've had a few hours to play with it, here's my initial impressions- The installation went smoothly, nothing unusual. With my limited experience with FEA software, and without even reading the manual first, :mrgreen...
  2. K

Splines in Configurations

I just noticed that configurations appears to not allow differences in spline sketches. I just made a new configuration of a part and tried to alter a spline sketch, but it altered the sketch in all other configurations also; I had everything locked in the other configurations. Has anyone else...
  3. K

AlibreCAM Basic Features

I just installed the 64bit version of AlibreCAM that comes bundled with expert and I've got a question. According to the comparison on the Alibre website I should have a drilling MOP available, I seem to have only horizontal roughing, parallel finishing, and profiling available. Am I missing...
  4. K

New FEA Update?

Can someone from Alibre give us an update about what's happening with the Algor replacement FEA? I thought that was supposed to be available around the end of 2009?
  5. K

Unusual Sectioning Behavior

When I place a horizontal line in a section plane on a 2d drawing, one part of my assembly fails to properly section, although the cross-hatching of the underlying sectioned parts is visible. This is a native Alibre part that is mis-behaving. If I make the horizontal line slightly less than...
  6. K

"Unable to Initialize Keyshot" Error

I just installed the updated Alibre and Keyshot 2 programs and I'm getting this error message when I try to open most of my exported assemblies. The assemblies appear to export from Alibre without a problem, but Keyshot fails when trying to open them. Some assemblies and individual parts open...
  7. K

Save operation encountered error (Save All As)

I've been getting an error message when I try to do a Save All As operation on an assembly [ Save operation encountered error: 'exception of type 'com.alibre.repository.RepositoryException' was thrown']. I can save normally and 'save as' but every time I try to 'save all as' I get this error...
  8. K

Forum Access Problems

I've been unable to access the forum for the last week from my mac. I finally had to break down and boot into windows XP to be able to get in. I'm just posting this to let Alibre know (in case they don't) that the forums may still be having problems. I've tried Safari and Firefox in OS10.6.2 and...
  9. K

Combine Virtual Folders?

Anyone know how to combine virtual folders in the Vault? It seems I have ended up with several duplicate virtual folders that make navigating thru the Product folders tedious at best, I'm not sure how all these duplicates were created, but they all have separate files in them that I would like...
  10. K

Loading Error Messages

I occasionally get error messages like the following when opening an assembly (2D) drawing- "Warning- Problems encountered loading-M:/Alibre/ByID/0/2000-2999/2287/L/L/5000F-SP HOSE LAYOUT (ID 2287)". After clicking "OK" the drawing appears to load just fine. Has anyone else noticed this? And if...
  11. K

Exported STEP File doesn't include constraints?

I just had a request from a customer for a 3D cad file of a pump. Not knowing what programs they have to open it, I decided to export as a IGES file- then I noticed that Alibre doesn't list this as an option (wasn't this available in earlier versions? I don't remember, I'm on version 11.1 now)...
  12. K

V11 and Algor Designcheck not working?

Could someone try to analyze a V11 part using the Algor Designcheck add-on. My computer is hanging when I try to send anything to the Algor add-on, I'm not sure if it's V11, or something else I messed up on my computer that's causing my problem. :(
  13. K

Migration Tool can't find Repositories

I decided to post this in case anyone else runs into this problem when migrating their data- So I walk into work this morning thinking I'm going to have an easy morning of eating donuts and drinking coffee while I update my work computer to V11. V11 installs fine and I begin to transfer my...