What's new

Search results

1. J

Orientations

Here! Here! Time to give a choice to the users! allow us to choose our axis orientation! (is anybody listening?) OneCNC does it nicely, when you start it up, the default view is z-up in orthographic projection. At the very least allow us to rename the "Front" view showing Z-pointing...
  2. J

Orientations

Figaro, Thanks for that, I'm the first to admit to forgetting little things, so just to be on the safe side I did a little googling and found that there are indeed at least two ways a 3 dimensional co-ordinate plan is represented. Firstly, as you mentioned with the XY plan in front of you and...
  3. J

Orientations

Orientations Help!! Hello, I may not be doing this right, but "Top" in Alibre does not equal "Top" in the physical world, i.e. I always consider the Z-axis to be the vertical axis, X to be left to right, and Y to be front to back. But when I...
  4. J

Repository in a database

Come to think of it, an even better solution would be some sort of store and forward type of repository that doesn't rely on keeping files open, something like CVS. That way we can operate on wireless, or over the internet where the network connection is flaky, and not damage files. Jay
  5. J

Repository in a database

Repository in a database It would sure be nice to have the repository in a commercial database. It would give a sense of stability as well as making migrations easier
  6. J

LightWave Studios downloads

Where do I fnd this option?
  7. J

Dimples across Bends on Sheetmetal

Dimples across Bends on Sheetmetal Please read this thread in the Using Alibre Design forum. Jay Kyle
  8. J

Dimple across a bend

Dimple across a bend Does anyone know how to create a dimple across a bend. Let's say I have a sheetmetal tab with a flange at a 20 degree bend. I would like to put an enlongated dimple across the bend to strengthen it. any ideas on how to do this? Jay
  9. J

Beginner Question - How to change axis of part

Beginner Question - How to change axis of part Can someone help me with this? I would like to flip the axis of a part I have drawn, i.e. I've drawn a part showing it standing up, but I would rather have it laying down. I'm not talking about hand orienting it with the rotate...