What's new

Search results

1. J

I'm leaving....

I'm leaving.... Cue the sad music ;) As of April 12, 2007 I will no longer be with my current employer. Therefore I won't be a regular user of Alibre, though I do have the expanded Express package at home. I know the forum login is separate...
  2. J

Any neat tricks on the configurationd/2D drawing issues?

Any neat tricks on the configurationd/2D drawing issues? I've got a Rev C configuration. Anyway at all to get the info into a new drawing without redoing everything? Jim
  3. J

Jerky movement while sketching...

Jerky movement while sketching... I noticed this when using Alibre Xpress at home with my computer that has an ATI Radeon 9500 Pro. I just recently upgraded the video card in my work computer to an ATI Radeon 1300 and am experiencing the same jerkiness. Anyone...
  4. J

Difficulty exporting certain Drawings to AutoCAD format

Difficulty exporting certain Drawings to AutoCAD format Suddenly, I'm getting errors trying to export some Alibre drawings in .dwg format that worked fine before, any particulary reason? It seems to not find any of the export .dll's. I tried a different drawing and it worked fine. Any...
  5. J

Migrating Repositories...help please.

Migrating Repositories...help please. I am switching computers and the repositories I created on our network drives are not available. Our network drives are automapped as part of a log-in script so the path's should be identical. Do I need to copy the repository...
  6. J

Simple Drawing Navigation - Why painfully slow?

Simple Drawing Navigation - Why painfully slow? Its one thing if it takes Alibre some time to actually process some commands like "hide this part" or "remove/add hidden lines". But, why does it take forever to do the "easy" stuff like expand and close the directory structure, or...
  7. J

Reordering Planes in Assembly?

Reordering Planes in Assembly? Is there no way to "reorder" planes in assembly? Maybe its not supposed to matter, but when you go to edit a plane you can't pick a plane created "after" that plane ever if it doesn't have any associativity conflicts. I can see...
  8. J

Quick Help Check - Scale a model possible?

Quick Help Check - Scale a model possible? Is there some way (even a workaround would be great) to scale an existing model by a certain percentage or decimal equivalent? I thought I'd ask before reimporting and trashing a bunch of work. By the way, I really DON'T like how...
  9. J

Is there a way to redo sheetmetal bends? If not, why not?

Is there a way to redo sheetmetal bends? If not, why not? Before I redo a sheetmetal part, is there away to adjust the various bend types (inside, middle, outside) and the length baseline? Why are these grayed out? I don't see why it would be terribly difficult to "redo" these? Any...
  10. J

How long has this been here....?

How long has this been here....? I know we got gradient backgrounds and such, please tell me I haven't been blind and did not notice all of the graphical tweaking that you can now do? If so, I'm dumb! If not, thanks Alibre! (either way actually ;)) Jim
  11. J

Inconsistent Face-Body relationship fix?

Inconsistent Face-Body relationship fix? I've got an inconsisten face-body relationship error that is an inherent part of the imported model. I've already tried exporting as a .sat and reimporting, but that did not fix the problem. Its keeping me from extrude cutting...
  12. J

Boolean Unite autoscale issue?

Boolean Unite autoscale issue? I thought this issue had been resolved? This one is particularly wierd since the separate parts to be united are derived from the same base part. I'm adding a few extra pins to a connector since the one we are using is not...
  13. J

Add Editable Holes to Configurations

Add Editable Holes to Configurations Currently, the hole tool appears to be an unsupported parameter in configurations. i.e. if you create holes using the hole tool, those holes cannot be changed between configurations. One change affects them all. Jim
  14. J

What am I doing wrong with configurations?

What am I doing wrong with configurations? I have an existing sheetmetal part (created in v8.2) that I am trying to add a configuration to. (I've read through and done the tutorial). Basically, I need to do two things. 1. Move a group of cut-outs to a slightly...
  15. J

Just saw this on the Desktop Engineering Newsletter

Just saw this on the Desktop Engineering Newsletter Desktop Engineering News Congrats to Alibre! Jim
  16. J

Questions for Plastic Manufacturers

Questions for Plastic Manufacturers My company generally only designs enclosures using sheetmetal. We've never really investigated fabrication using plastic. If there's a plastic manufacturer that would like to discuss the pros and cons of various plastic forming...
  17. J

Disappearing parts - again?

Disappearing parts - again? I haven't had this problem since my first assembly and I'm not sure how to fix it? I have a piece of sheetemetal with some PEM nuts attached to it. The sheetmetal plus the PEM's are a sub-assembly. When I open this sub-assembly...
  18. J

Quick Help

Quick Help I forget how to get the detail view label to rotate.... Jim
  19. J

Won't Chamfer a mirrored part?

Won't Chamfer a mirrored part? I have an extruded cylinder that chamfer fine (the original). When I mirror it, the mirrored part will not chamfer. Chamfering before and mirroring and mirroring and then chamfer both don't work. Here's the error.... Target no...
  20. J

Just a tip, let Alibre do the unit conversions!

Just a tip, let Alibre do the unit conversions! I had an assembly that was tossing an overconstrain error where there shouldn't have been one. Turns out that I entered the DISPLAYED dimension when I redid a part of the geometry instead of the original CALCULATED dimension, so the...