What's new

Search results

1. M

How is Alibre?

Popped in to look through a few things and noticed in my control panel that I joined here wayyy back in Nov 2004........and my last log on was Jul 2011...where does the time go... So...what's new with Alibre Design? :shock:
  2. M

Y-Z plane stays highlighted

Y-Z plane stays highlighted Since V9.0 I get a strange problem sometimes in parts and assemblies. For no reason the Y-Z plane will select and highlight itself (usually just from rolling over it with the cursor) and will not de-select unless I close the...
  3. M

Opinions

Opinions I have been working on building a website, and have finished the first version. I have included some Alibre screenshots and an animation in the design section of the site. I was hoping to get some opinions from others in the...
  4. M

Video test

Video test Just put this here as there is a lot of text. From a pm I had with another user regarding video setup. <<Hi John, I did a little experimenting tonight and this is what I found. My system: AMD XP 64 3000 (1.8 GHz 939 socket...
  5. M

Stretching

Stretching Is there a way to stretch the lenght of a part in an assembly, and save that as a new part? I am designing a frame for a machine using extruded aluninum profile, and the way i do it now is: I made a reference beam that is 500mm...
  6. M

Access to startup options

Access to startup options I just had an issue while starting AD. I use AD on two computers (laptop, desktop). When starting AD just now, it would hang while "checking for updates", and would not get to the home window. To make sure it was not my PC, I ended...
  7. M

Springs

Springs I am trying to create a circular pattern of 15 springs in an assembly, but it seems to bog down the system when I do this. Does anyone know if this can be done efficiently, or am I better off using cylinders to represent the springs...