What's new

Search results

1. B

New constraints

Just downloaded V21 and played with the new gear, rack & pinion and thread constraints. Very nice! Also the 'reverse' and 'flip' buttons. These will be useful. Pretty intuitive, but some better tutorials would be good. We're still limited to motion in a single assembly though. Would be...
  2. B

Working with DXF entities

I imported a 2D DXF file of a template. I can see the template, but I can't seem to do anything with it. I would like to at least check some dimensions but Alibre doesn't seem to recognize anything as a 'pickable' entity. I've saved as a drawing, but O still can't pick any of the entities...
  3. B

Can't select some faces

2019 is being a pain in the a.. (yes, I have the latest build). When adding constraints, sometimes I can't select a surface on a part. It is usually the end faces of an extrusion. No matter how tight I zoom and make sure the cursor is on the surface, when I click it picks the next surface...
  4. B

export to IGES or SolidWorks missing

I 'upgraded' to 2019. I now can't seem to export to IGES or to SolidWorks native formats. I've also received comments from colleagues that files I've exported in STP format do not import correctly. Anyone else having these issues? BC
  5. B

Insert parts into assembly

I have a number of stp file that I would like to insert into an assembly. All parts may be anchored (or constrained by planes) at the assembly origin. I'm not a script writer, but I have have had some success modifying macros and other simple code. Is there something like this out there? BC
  6. B

import STP file names

I import files from several vendors and contractors. Some files import into Alibre with the file name or part number defined by the sender, some don't. I have to import about 1000 parts. I'd rather not rename them all manually. The parts all have correct Windows files names and the part name...
  7. B

changing dimensions with Excel or csv file

I would like to create a part with a large number of sketches with dimensions that can be altered by an Excel or CSV file. Is there any way to do this? I need to make different parts with the same basic layout, and lots of sketches, each sketch has about 6 dimensions. The dimensions will...