What's new

Search results

1. S

Moving, rotating a part created in an assembly

Used to be a professional on NX, now just a hobbyist on Alibre, so no more mega assemblies. I NEVER created parts in the assembly. Always create parts individually, then insert them into the assembly and constrain them as necessary. NEVER worry about inter-design relationships.
  2. S

OneLaunch

Thanks NigelL for the good info. Looks like I will uninstall it.
  3. S

OneLaunch

One day, after an update it was just there. You are right, I don't need it, just like the way it looks. Probably just disable it when I use Alibre. Thanks guys.
  4. S

OneLaunch

Running Windows 10. I have a "OneLaunch" Quick Access Bar that is pinned to the top of my screen. When I open certain Command screens such as "Extrude" the command screen automatically goes to the top of my screen under the Quick Access Bar and I cannot enter certain inputs or move the command...
  5. S

progress

What does that mean?
  6. S

Help with sheetmetal pattern rotation

I never do that. I've always found it works better in the long run (for me anyway) to design individual parts in their own part file, then bring them into the assembly & position as necessary.
  7. S

loft is not working

Means that things that should be touching - aren't.
  8. S

Project to Sketch Usage

Just because I don't feel the need for it.
  9. S

Is there a way to default to Maintain Association with Project to Sketch?

What I meant was: the option to change the default at users discretion would be great. Alibre just changing it from to the other is not.
  10. S

A thought on spinners

Seems like the spinner default values should be dependent on & change with the the units of the part file. English - maybe: .125 Metric - maybe: 1
  11. S

Is there a way to default to Maintain Association with Project to Sketch?

Not for those of us that rarely use it.
  12. S

Unable to create ref points in Assembly mode in Design Pro

I've had an issue for years with the poor way Alibre handles points.
  13. S

Union Pacific #4017 Big Boy

Exactly like that. I started my drafting career in the late 60's and I still remember all that very well (white shirts & ties were a requirement). Still have some of my old manual drawings & tools. Started in the CAD world in the late 70's with what were at that time, still 2D drafting...
  14. S

Global Parameters in Atom3D

Used to be a Designer, now a hobbyist. I still like to play around to help keep my old mind working. Design parts for myself & friends, but even years ago I had to pony up for the "Expert" version cause I can't do without "Sheet Metal" and the ability to do flat patterns.
  15. S

Simple question: How to make the Z axis be up/down

Just because you want it doesn't mean everyone wants it.
  16. S

How to flatten

Thanks Harold!
  17. S

How to flatten

Yes I can get the cut I want, but can I get a flat pattern out of it? My way I can.
  18. S

How to flatten

Simon, thanks for the help link, but I actually figured it out without it. I forgot you can't make a complete circle. You need to start with a thin sliver of a TAB to add the flanges to. Worked just like I wanted.
  19. S

How to flatten

Hey guys, brain not working. I have a PRT file that I would like to flatten out. I'm guessing I need to make it a SMP but have no clue how to go about it. Do I start it in SMP or do I import the PRT into the SMP? Tried both but can't figure it out. Thanks
  20. S

Spacemouse Icons

Been using a space mouse for years. Got no clue what you are asking about.