What's new

Spacemouse Icons

Is there a set of SVGs or something that can be used with spacemouse? I'd like visuals that aren't freecad icons >:D

Admin Edit: I've attached the icon set to this post for easier finding. This has been asked enough times over the years that might as well do it. ;D

Attachments

• icons.zip
    411.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there!
I have a spacemouse compact, which is the rotatey doodad that is stationary.
I'm trying to set the radial menus to do some common things like the line / arc / rectangle / dimension etc to help shave some time.

I set shortcuts in Alibre, and was making macros in the connexion software, putting icons on the macros so i can put them on the radial menu.

Is there a better way?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Just naming the macros as you add them to the radial menu is the only option I have found. Choose the names carefully though, you may need to abbreviate some names in order to fit them in the space available.

Just naming the macros as you add them to the radial menu is the only option I have found. Choose the names carefully though, you may need to abbreviate some names in order to fit them in the space available.
Lastest software from them allows for icons :D
Untitled.png

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Lastest software from them allows for icons
I wasn't aware, and I just bought a new Space Mouse Compact and updated to the latest that it came with. I haven't had time to dig into setting up the radials for it yet. Looks like I have some work to do.

bolsover

Just to test if possible, I tried exporting a few of the .svg files from the Alibre resources and using this as an icon for my space mouse shortcuts.
It works just fine - meaning I can have the same icons in the radial menu as are used by Alibre.
There appear to be hundreds of .svg stored in the Alibre resources and I'm guessing these are potentially copyright Alibre. I doubt anyone would get too troubled if a limited number were shared for the purpose of getting nice icons in the radial menus. Probably need to ask permission..
Screen grab with four of the exported .svg:
1699796537781.png
David

Just to test if possible, I tried exporting a few of the .svg files from the Alibre resources and using this as an icon for my space mouse shortcuts.
It works just fine - meaning I can have the same icons in the radial menu as are used by Alibre.
There appear to be hundreds of .svg stored in the Alibre resources and I'm guessing these are potentially copyright Alibre. I doubt anyone would get too troubled if a limited number were shared for the purpose of getting nice icons in the radial menus. Probably need to ask permission..
Screen grab with four of the exported .svg:
View attachment 40080
David
This is what i was looking to achieve!

Thanks! I’ll look into it.

bolsover

@Uncrushed6819
Extracting the .svg is a bit of a pfaff. I used Jetbrains dotPeek to decompile the alibre.dll, open up the enclosed resources and then save individual .svg to files to pc.
I'm not sure what other tools are able to do this - but a quick google came up with a few possibilities.
David

bolsover

I tried to find a method that I could extract all at once but no luck.
Using dotPeek I pulled out all the obvious sketch .svg in a few minutes. I'm sure it is possible to write a short routine that would extract all the files. If I can do something reasonably quickly....

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
Is what I attached what you are looking for?
Everything included inside SVGs.zip.:
1699844902249.png
1699845168652.png
Magenta to help see different colors:
1699845074461.png
Some of them don't render in the image. I don't know how to check whether every graphic in the UI was created from a file in the SVGs folder. Therefore, there might be missing graphics or others that haven't been converted to SVG or are stored in a different location.

Last edited:

bolsover

I spent time understanding how Alibre's addons are developed and SVG to image format is how I normally work so I made many tools for this.
It's a tricky subject. As you know I've put together a couple of add-ons. I suspect it is highly unlikely that anyone would develop an add-on without examining the Alibre dll. As I understand, the alibrex dll is the 'public' interface everything else being 'private'. That said, I've certainly referenced classes in some of these dll because there was no option if I wanted a working add-on. I have however always been careful not to distribute any Alibre dll with my code since that would be a clear breech of the license conditions.
I've always worked on the basis that if someone wants to use one of my add-ons, they have already got legitimate access to Alibre.