What's new

KRELER

Just installed the 2018.2 update! In first instance the Application.VisualStyleState problem still exists…
However, after I manually disabled “Use Glass Mode for Ribon” from the “System Options”-> “Display” -> “General” tab, the problem is finally solved finally after a month of struggle!

Max

Administrator
Staff member
However, after I manually disabled “Use Glass Mode for Ribon” from the “System Options”-> “Display” -> “General” tab, the problem is finally solved finally after a month of struggle!

I mean you can still use the product and the Ribbon with the ribbon invisible - it's just...like...Expert Mode. Step 3: a "Hide the canvas" option for the super elite users.

oldfox

Alibre Super User
I got the 2018.2 installed and it seems to be running OK. I can access parts and assemblies. I tried to launch AlibreScript and that's when it
crashed. I got the message that MicroSoft was searching for a solution and it could take a few minutes. (few???) I was prompted to send info to
MS which I refused and just cancelled that window. Alibre went bye-bye. It started up again OK. Just no joy with AS. Did I miss something on the
install??? I just checked for updates, and responded to the prompts and let it do it's thing. All went well with no apparent problems.

JST

Alibre Super User
Does it work for regular operation? Sounds like you have not really wrung it out yet aside from AS (which I do not use anyway)

Did it preserve your settings? Prior few updates have, but old ones never did, I always had to redo everything from memory. I use menus and NOT the ribbon, and I would like to continue that way.

albie0803

Alibre Super User
Everything else seemed to be the same. I didn't do much with it today but nothing else leapt out at me.

ajayre

Alibre Super User
I got the 2018.2 installed and it seems to be running OK. I can access parts and assemblies. I tried to launch AlibreScript and that's when it
crashed. I got the message that MicroSoft was searching for a solution and it could take a few minutes. (few???) I was prompted to send info to
MS which I refused and just cancelled that window. Alibre went bye-bye. It started up again OK. Just no joy with AS. Did I miss something on the
install??? I just checked for updates, and responded to the prompts and let it do it's thing. All went well with no apparent problems.

Does rebooting your PC help?

Andy

oldfox

Alibre Super User
Does rebooting your PC help?

Andy

Thanks Andy.
Yes it works, dummy me. I'm so used to not rebooting with "Updates" that I didn't do it this time either. OOPS.
I see that that little bug with the initial "launch" screen is fixed. But other than that I see absolutely no differences from the old 2018.1.1 version of AlibreScript. What am I missing? The update ran through all the way without errors so I believed that it was all OK.

Larry

Update ran fine also - another question, what is the method / procedure for updating to Keyshot v8 ? Within Keyshot, going to help, check for updates shows "no new updates". Thanks

Larry

Uman

Update ran fine also - another question, what is the method / procedure for updating to Keyshot v8 ? Within Keyshot, going to help, check for updates shows "no new updates". Thanks

Larry

Go to Alibre website download and download latest version of Keyshot.
I uninstalled old version and loaded new version.
-Uman

Alexander

Go to Alibre website download and download latest version of Keyshot.
I uninstalled old version and loaded new version.
-Uman
I tried that and now get the error message "Please install Keyshot for Alibre Design to render the model in Keyshot" when I click render with Alibre.

RwSkinner

Updated to 2018.2 today and each time I try to save a file I get a fatal error....
While saving a drawing the top part of my screen looses the menu and I get a big red X.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-21 14.18.19.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-21 14.18.19.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2018-11-21 14.20.53.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-21 14.20.53.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 9

RwSkinner

It happens anytime I click on SaveAs. It keeps saying the file is in use and it's not. Fresh reboot did not solve it. Also my Alibre icon everywhere is now a blank sheet. Running Windows 10.

Alibre Log.
===== New session ======================================================
Start Time: 11/21/2018 2:34:29 PM
Hostname: TMS-ASUS

***** Time: 11/21/2018 2:34:30 PM*****
"C:\Program Files\Alibre Design\Program\Alibre Design.exe"
Product version = 2018.2 -- 19071

***** Time: 11/21/2018 2:36:14 PM*****
Could not find RIBBON_GROUP_SKETCH_ICON in size ExLarge
Could not find RIBBON_GROUP_SKETCH_ICON in size Medium

***** Time: 11/21/2018 2:36:15 PM*****
Could not find FILE_NEW_ICON in size ExLarge
Could not find FILE_NEW_ICON in size Medium
Could not find MENU_FLYOUT_ROOT_PACKAGE_ICON in size ExLarge
Could not find MENU_FLYOUT_ROOT_PACKAGE_ICON in size Medium

***** Time: 11/21/2018 2:38:50 PM*****
Obtained stream : SAB_DATA
Read stream namded : SAB_DATA

***** Time: 11/21/2018 2:38:51 PM*****
Calling GeometryCanvas.setManualRefinementSetting(36)

***** Time: 11/21/2018 2:38:52 PM*****
Could not find RIBBON_GROUP_SKETCH_ICON in size ExLarge
Could not find RIBBON_GROUP_SKETCH_ICON in size Medium

***** Time: 11/21/2018 2:38:53 PM*****
Could not find RIBBON_GROUP_PARAMETERS_ICON in size ExLarge
Could not find RIBBON_GROUP_PARAMETERS_ICON in size Medium
Could not find RIBBON_GROUP_REGENERATE_ICON in size ExLarge
Could not find RIBBON_GROUP_REGENERATE_ICON in size Medium
Could not find FILE_NEW_ICON in size ExLarge
Could not find FILE_NEW_ICON in size Medium
Could not find MENU_FLYOUT_ROOT_PACKAGE_ICON in size ExLarge
Could not find MENU_FLYOUT_ROOT_PACKAGE_ICON in size Medium
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Elegant.Ui.ScreenTipData' to type 'Elegant.Ui.SplitButton'.
at Elegant.Ui.QuickAccessToolbar. (Object , EventArgs )
at Elegant.Ui.ScreenTipData.OnChanged()
at com.alibre.ui.StandardRibbon.UpdateTooltips()

***** Time: 11/21/2018 2:40:35 PM*****
An exception of type System.InvalidOperationException was caught.
Reason: Object is currently in use elsewhere.
Stack trace follows:

***** Time: 11/21/2018 2:40:36 PM*****
at System.Drawing.Graphics.TranslateTransform(Single dx, Single dy)
at Elegant.Ui.Control.PaintChildren(ControlCollection children, PaintEventArgs e)
at Elegant.Ui.Control.PaintChildren(Control parent, PaintEventArgs e)
at Elegant.Ui.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at Elegant.Ui.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at Elegant.Ui.Ribbon.WndProc(Message& m)