What's new

2D Sketch Analysis: for me, error indicators are now very difficult to find.

On the new 2017.1 version, I notice that the sketch closure analysis that happens whenever you close a 2D sketch produces error indicators that are very difficult for me to see. The indicators were always a bit difficult for me; little red backgrounds showing where the error was, but they've either gotten smaller or my eyes are another step closer to failing.
When you click on a particular error in the "Results" list, it would be great if that error was circled in a flashing contrast color, or something like that.
I'm hoping someone will tell me this is controlled by a property that I just don't know about...?
Thank you!
David

Hear hear! As somebody who is dead colorblind to red, I will argue that such things ought to be set by user selection!

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I would go one step further and not only allow the highlight colour to be user defined/edited, but when you click on the analysis item, the sketch view should zoom in and centre the highlighted problem on screen (maybe make the extent of the problem 1/4 the height/width of the screen). This not only helps in locating the problem, but also sets it up for corrective action, i.e. trim, heal, etc ... without the need to go hunting for micro lines, arcs!!

I use a PCB editor and this is exactly how it works following a design rule check and selecting each reported item for subsequent problem correction.

I would go one step further and not only allow the highlight colour to be user defined/edited, but when you click on the analysis item, the sketch view should zoom in and centre the highlighted problem on screen (maybe make the extent of the problem 1/4 the height/width of the screen). This not only helps in locating the problem, but also sets it up for corrective action, i.e. trim, heal, etc ... without the need to go hunting for micro lines, arcs!!

I use a PCB editor and this is exactly how it works following a design rule check and selecting each reported item for subsequent problem correction.
+2!!

JST

Alibre Super User
Agree, add me to the list liking that idea.

And, PCB design programs have SEVERAL characteristics that are worth looking at for inclusion in Alibre.......

simonb65

Alibre Super User
PCB design programs have SEVERAL characteristics that are worth looking at for inclusion in Alibre.......
+1

I think there are many useful usability features (Ease of Use is the in buzz word for it!) that can be gleaned from a number of other applications, i.e. MOI and the way you instinctively move spline nodes based on your viewpoint, without having to select the direction first with that bl**y triad thingy!

swertel

Alibre Super User
Hear hear! As somebody who is dead colorblind to red, I will argue that such things ought to be set by user selection!
In this day and age, there should be a color blind mode in every software package. It should be a selectable theme, just like LIGHT and DARK. For CAD software, that starts the basis and allows tailoring from there.