What's new

Alibre Viewer/Converter

Giecon.nl

What are the options to be able to view my own data created in a fully legal paid version of Alibre/Geomagic after somewhere in June 2018?
I'm not on maintenance at the moment and switched over a year and a half to different software. It would be nice to be able to view my own data and convert it to something neutral.

I would be willing to pay for a converter / viewer that does not phone home and run unlimited no matter what happens to the new Alibre company.

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
Would the USB key option work for you? I've wondered the same thing, though I just did renew maintenance with the "new" Alibre.

Giecon.nl

I've read somewhere the USB key wont be available with the new Alibre, can't find it right now.

I think some action is needed from the new Alibre guys, I talked to an other user this morning and they did not know it would stop working in 2018.
A lot of people may be in for a surprise next year..

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Correct no USB key activation with Alibre Design 2017 - with next release (currently in the works) 'off line' activation will be possible as an alternative. There is already 'concurrent' licence option which will also be extended in future to allow a controlling server within your network - that gives another alternative.

It's Geomagic's Flexera licensing system that will be withdrawn in 2018 - see https://www.alibre.com/alibre-llc-faq/.

Max has already posted on this forum that there will be a solution for those affected - see this thread. http://forum.alibre.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19470&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

There does seem to be a large number of users who don't receive e-mails from Alibre (changed address perhaps), or who don't read e-mails. It's also clear that lots of people don't read, or don't take in the information in the FAQs linked above (it is rather long if you are juts in a hurry to get the download).

Fx.CAD

DavidJ said:
(...)
There does seem to be a large number of users who don't receive e-mails from Alibre (changed address perhaps), or who don't read e-mails. (...)

I think resellers can "Hijack" e-mails sent by Alibre USA to replace them by theirs ( and some are clearly more keen to keep their customers updated about the latest news than others). I never received the Alibre U.S. news or newsletters - :( -, although I wish I could. Maybe something for the new alibre to work out.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
True - resellers are the primary communication channel in areas they serve. I've also seen quite few cases in USA where customers haven't heard anything about the recent changes...

VoltsAndBolts

I know I didn't receive any emails or info on changes. I just happened to log into the forum and noticed things had changed?

How do I get back on the U.S. email list?