What's new

Annoying crashes

Markaj

I feel it must be to do with the references in ext 2 not updating or becoming invalid at some point in the development of the part.
The real issue is that an issue/conflict can continue lurking in the background and then rear its ugly head & bite you in the bum when you least need it.
Yes, perhaps it could have been more robustly modelled, but these bits are constantly being altered to the clients whim, so you can never quite second guess what you're going to end up with - its not quite like looking at a finished part & deciding the best way to model it! Besides, that shouldn't be a problem.
For whatever reasons that part has given problems. I'd fixed them (so I thought), and everything is fine & good & working as it should with no issues, then right when you need to show the customer what they're getting, it kicks off & you've got egg on your face!

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
Data and design integrity are breaking. You should contact support asap.
My thoughts:
I feel it must be to do with the references in ext 2 not updating or becoming invalid at some point in the development of the part.
Alibre should catch conditions that will result in breaking the model.
The real issue is that an issue/conflict can continue lurking in the background and then rear its ugly head & bite you in the bum when you least need it.
This makes the software unusable.
Yes, perhaps it could have been more robustly modelled, but these bits are constantly being altered to the clients whim, so you can never quite second guess what you're going to end up with - its not quite like looking at a finished part & deciding the best way to model it! Besides, that shouldn't be a problem.
Yes it shouldn't be the problem. This is not a design intent issue. You can design a model 100 ways not your problem this is a software problem.

To determine if the issue is Alibre I would recreate the project in a different CAD package as a sanity check. You need to know if you can rely on Alibre for your work. I would stop everything to find the root cause.

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
To fix it, suppress the corrupted feature, then redefine the feature.

1706117882283.png

Let me know if this is correct.

Attachments

• Body-STEPHEN.AD_PRT
    531.5 KB · Views: 0
This kind of problem seems to happen more and more with each revision. I do a lot of part design in assembly mode and boolean operations. I find that after I'm done it's best to delete the assembly relations and redefine the features in part mode. Quiting and re-starting Alibre also helps. This is a huge waste of time.

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
This kind of problem seems to happen more and more with each revision. I do a lot of part design in assembly mode and boolean operations. I find that after I'm done it's best to delete the assembly relations and redefine the features in part mode. Quiting and re-starting Alibre also helps. This is a huge waste of time.
The feature should fail It should catch failures and require you to resolve them before continuing. If these are not software bugs then tell me what they are.

@Max @DavidJ Can a developer have an account to answer questions directly on the forum? Why create a support ticket when everything is the on the forum? Who is the tech lead? Who is the development lead? Who is the person responsible for Features? I can speak to someone directly?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
The user forum represents a relatively small proportion of the total user base. Support has to work for all users, not just those who frequent the forum.

Developers are busy doing exactly that, distracting them would reduce available development effort. Important posts or threads here are often linked for attention of Development, so don't assume they are not aware.

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
All I'm asking is for communication from development. I don't understand why a developer can't address issues on the forum. Alibre could hire someone or allow a developer to answer simple questions. Can I speak to a developer on the phone or email?

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
I want to speak with an engineer, someone who writes or maintains C++ code. It can be scheduled for a later date, when they are available.