What's new

BOM - How to display weight in lbs instead of kg

rsiggy

Hi. Anyone know how to configure a BOM to display part weight in lbs instead of kg? I can easily set up each individual part to show weight in lbm. However, I can find no configuration options to force the BOM to show lbm - it seems to default to kg.

Also, while I'm asking, is there a way to add a total row at the bottom of a BOM to summarize the entire weight of the BOM? I'm guessing I'll need to export to Excel and do it manually but maybe I'm missing something. Thanks.

Robert

rsiggy

Robert -- Try File Properties->Units->General and reset Mass.
Well, yes, that is exactly how you change the individual part to show the weight in lbm instead of kg. But, even after doing this, the BOM still shows the weight in kg and not lbm. Any other ideas?

Robert

simonb65

Alibre Super User
But, even after doing this, the BOM still shows the weight in kg and not lbm. Any other ideas?
It looks like its hard coded to use Kg for weight, mm cubed for Volume, mm cubed for Volume, gm per cubic cm for Density and square mm for area !! Looks like a section needs adding for BOM options or even be able to edit the units in the column RMB menu. I'd raise a support ticket.

rsiggy

OK, I feel like a bit of a moron now... I was changing the weight properties of each part from kg to lbm and it didn't change the BOM. But, once I changed the weight property of the assembly from kg to lbm the BOM changed to lbm to match. Doh., it seems rather obvious now! Oh well, live and learn. Appreciate the swift support from both Alibre and this forum!

Robert

simonb65

Alibre Super User
OK, I feel like a bit of a moron now... I was changing the weight properties of each part from kg to lbm and it didn't change the BOM. But, once I changed the weight property of the assembly from kg to lbm the BOM changed to lbm to match. Doh., it seems rather obvious now! Oh well, live and learn. Appreciate the swift support from both Alibre and this forum!
That's makes sense but it's a pity there is nothing in the BOM help section to tell you that!