What's new

BOM Updating

Has anyone had any issues with their BOM updating/syncing with the 3-D model? It takes having me restart the software for it to update.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried the 'Update' button in the BoM editor, or 'Re-project views' in 2D drawing. How are you making the assembly edits, and where are you expecting to see changes? Do you have the BoM or 2D drawing open separately whilst editing the assembly.

Hey David, I usually regenerate the model, save it, and then reproject all views including the BOM.

I'm modifying the part properties, which are connected to the 2-D drawing BOM.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Are you opening each part, editing, saving, closing. Are you editing parts from assembly? Do you have other files open whilst doing any of this....? If you have multiple files open, it is likely that you actually have more than one instance of some files in memory at the same time - changes to one will not reflect in another instance.

Assembly open also has instances of all constituent parts open 'in the background', drawing of assembly has instances of assembly, and all parts open 'in the background' plus BoM if used.

More detail is needed to understand if what you are seeing is expected behaviour, or indicative of a problem.