What's new

Drawing-Sketch-Scale?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
What is it that you're trying to accomplish?
I'm not sure why you would need to scale a sketch in a DRAWING but you do have VIEW SCALE. So you could draw your sketch and scale the view but that is only so the view can fit on the format size you have chosen. I suppose you could apply a scale factor to the sketch dimensions, but...

In a part feature sketch there is no scale either but you have the option to scale the part.

Still puzzled...

dlaery

Alibre Super User
I wanted to scale this drawing/trace to make it smaller.
I did the scaling in Part mode and then did a project to sketch and then pasted in the Drawing.
I have to export as a dxf and it needs to be the correct size when I export,

Thanks, it would be nice to be able to scale a sketch, not a big deal, just wanted to know if it was there and I couldn't find it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-24 12.23.27_cr.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-24 12.23.27_cr.png
    365.2 KB · Views: 22

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
OK, got it.
If you have the PART scaled to the correct size before you project to sketch. The copied sketch that is pasted in the drawing should be the correct size as long as your drawing/view scale is 1:1.

KMoffett

I scale from photos all the time.
Place a metal scale very close to the object to be scaled. I like a metric metal scale, because it's easier to calculate reductions or enlargements in decimals.
Photo of the object to be scaled is made. I use a flat bed scanner, or a camera photo from a distance.
Open the photo in Alibre. It will load into the Drawing Sketch area.
"Activate Sketch on Sheet"
Draw a horizontal line from the top of the object across the scale. And another from the bottom of the object across the scale.
"Dimension" the distance between these two lines. That is "A"
Measure the distance between these lines on the metal scale. This is "B".
A/B = x, a ratio of the photo object real size to the size you see in the drawing.
Use this ratio to "Scale" the object to reduce or enlarge its image to its actual size in the Drawing Sketch.

dlaery

Alibre Super User
thanks, that is what I do except I use inches not metric. :)
I have an old version of Paint Shop Pro and it works great on resizing. but when I bring into Alibre I always have to re-scale it down.
I use MOI also, it works good on bringing in images.

dlaery

Alibre Super User
I'm glad I renewed my maintenance. I have waited for 10 years for that. that looks really good.

dlaery

Alibre Super User
I was looking at Rhino 10 years ago and it would do images that way in different planes in part crreation., but i went ahead with Alibre because I liked the ablility to create assemblies, rhino wouldn't do that.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
I was looking at Rhino 10 years ago and it would do images that way in different planes in part crreation., but i went ahead with Alibre because I liked the ablility to create assemblies, rhino wouldn't do that.
Rhino has the ability to do assembles by blocks linked that are able to updated but as you see this add in is good because has constrains . Rhino is lack in to operate solid Features.
AD is good for solid features but some IGES surfaces exported are not trimmed.

Last edited: