What's new

Exit Alibre Cad

md2756

I am new user to Alibre Design Professional. I do not see an "Exit the Program as a Menu Option". I have been closing out the two windows using X in upper right of the window? This does not seem like a very clean way of accomplishing this task. Is it hiding somewhere or other way?

Thanks mikem

md2756

Found it! In System Options under Display there is a hide menu box that checked. Unchecking this box allowed another ribbon option to be displayed (more classic type) which has the Close Feature Under the File Menu.

1709429403492.png

md2756

This is the new menu which appeared just above the "Design Explorer". It's your classic software menu ribbon. "Close" is under File Menu Option.

1709429705566.png

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Yes, I always disliked that the menu was hidden by default. It was almost a year before I realized it was even there.

JimCad

I always use the upper right X for everything.
Is this wrong?
If it IS wrong why is it there? ? ?
Confused.

Jim

md2756

Well it seems that is how Alibre designed their software, since the other option is normally hidden......mikem

simonb65

Alibre Super User
The menu 'Close' and the main window 'X' should do exactly the same thing in a Windows application! In the case of Alibre, the Home Window is a separate window to the workspace window, so closing the workspace does not close Alibre, you need to close the Home Window too.