What's new

File Properties Vendor

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello colleagues,

i've been asked about how to write a Vendor name from an script integrated list into the file properties. I decided, that this would maybe from interest for "others" too. So here a little script (with some additional checks) which does this job.
upload_2020-2-13_19-58-59.png

upload_2020-2-13_19-59-15.png

upload_2020-2-13_20-0-26.png

upload_2020-2-13_20-0-42.png

upload_2020-2-13_20-0-56.png

For your own Vendors change the first line of the script:
vendors = ['Richardson_ACME','TEXAS_GOODS','MasterMetal','Colorado_Supply','To be continued...']

Regards
Stefan

Attachments

• Forum_Vendor.py
    3.1 KB · Views: 16

TimoCAD

More, more, more!!! Good Job!

Maybe also with "pickle"? So that you can edit and save the python lists in the script?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Stefan - that one was much easier for me to 'hack down' to pull out just the basic functionality to set an 'extended' property. Still a few things that I don't follow, but hopefully I'll get there.

i've been asked about how to write a Vendor name from an script integrated list into the file properties. I decided, that this would maybe from interest for "others" too. So here a little script (with some additional checks) which does this job.
Hi Stefan -- David Jupp just forwarded me your code and it works for me in placing "Vendor ID" and "Document Number" into Library Part (and Assembly) files! Now, if I only understood the process by which you came up with this solution I might qualify as a Wise Man rather than only being a Wise Guy... -- Lew