What's new

Foating License?

tgarson

Prior to renewing my support contract, the dialog with Alibre sales included the topic of the soon to be released 2018 version having the ability to use a floating license.

In my mind this should work like the license for Alibre CAM: The license would be automatically acquired when I start Alibre and automatically relinquished when I close it, thus preventing me from absent mindedly forgetting to release the license after working on a project at home and thereby preventing me from using Alibre when I arrive at my lab.

Is there some way to activate this that I have not found, or has its implementation been pushed back?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
The concurrent licence has been available for a while now ( see https://www.alibre.com/licensing/ ) - v2018 added the possibility for this to managed within your network using a local licensing server.

The concurrent licence is not the default type as it has potential issues in certain circumstances - if you are interested in upgrading your licence to this type, contact Sales / your reseller as appropriate.