What's new

Gear templates

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User
Harold I have trayed to do that, but I can't figure out how to upload the Exel calc. form.
Please advice me, I have never used the Resurce section.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Put all the files in a Zip folder and upload that to the Resources. Some file types are not allowed do zipping them will make it easier.

When you add to the Resources first select a Category then click on the Add resource button. Fill in the information then click the Attach files button. That will open a window for you to navigate to your zip file to Select and Open it to be added to your resource entry. It is similar to attaching a file to a forum post.

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User
Giov, yes that was my attempt to upload.
The exel form is missing and the template for the bevel gear is useless with out.
Harold thank you for the guiding, I will try to morrow, hopefully I can delete the incomplete former upload.

silver2row

Hello...I am learning how to use Alibre a bit at times. I have put in a quadruped so far, made by another person, but Alibre handled it w/ ease. It was awesome to view it and change angles.

Anyway...that is not why I am here today.

I am trying to figure out bevel gears on the Alibre source and am not sure where to start. I saw this post and @Oldbelt , I was wondering about the math behind the info. you provided.

Is it just a script in Excel format or is there a real-time aspect to changing some of the values in the spreadsheet. I downloaded the info. and files (.zip and all) to test things out.

It works! That is the good news. Now, I wanted to try to relay this info. to another person but clueless for now is the way. So, I will see what you say or what anyone else says about the gear templates...

Seth

P.S. I will go and update my profile so when things get posted by me, I can show others how well the source code works and what I am using to produce the Alibre CAD mechanisms.

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User
Seth.
the green fields in the exel form is the only input neede to design a bewel gear.
All the parameters needed is then calculated and shown in bold.
Those values are used in sketch mode to draw the gear, as shown in the jpeg file.
Not a straightforward procedure, a script would-be a nice solution.
Will work on it!

silver2row

I posted some photos in the Media section of this forum of one of your gears, my alterations of the gear, and a board I have been wanting to try to build lately.

Seth