What's new

Has V23 solved sluggish behavior and small dimensions?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Please do not continue attacking each other. It would be a pity to have to remove posts, or suspend anyone.

Let's stay on subject and avoid personal comments.

Also please remember that it is possible that other may have differing experiences for all kinds of reasons (this gets complicated). If the performance thing was simple, it would all have been resolved a long time ago.

KeithH

Please do not continue attacking each other. It would be a pity to have to remove posts, or suspend anyone.

Let's stay on subject and avoid personal comments.

Also please remember that it is possible that other may have differing experiences for all kinds of reasons (this gets complicated). If the performance thing was simple, it would all have been resolved a long time ago.
David is right. I would like to apologize for my part in this.

JST

Alibre Super User
You are way over thinking things. Are you a plant for another cad program????? Been wondering that for a while

That would be a NO........

If I am attacking anything, it is Alibre. But actually I am trying to keep this issue hot. The memory leak behavior been a problem for years and several versions, and I am not by any means the only one to see it.

It, whatever the true cause, needs to be fixed.

It hardly seems as if the memory leak (or what seems to act just like one) can be a hardware dependent issue, it seems clear it is software, since it has been constant across several hardware platforms and even OS versions, here. I assume that is true of the others who see it as well.

Normally that memory management is handled by co-ordination between the program and the OS.

Where it is happening, and whether it is what I (and others) think, I do not know. All I can do is state what I observe. I may also draw conclusions, but those are obviously not based on any knowledge of the internals of Alibre itself. They are based on what I can observe, which includes memory info from "Resource manager".

Last edited: