What's new

Hi I'm Joseph! I'm the video guy on YouTube.

Joseph_L

Administrator
Staff member
I wanted to introduce myself, it is truly my pleasure to meet you all. I have been making videos on Alibre that you may have seen on the YouTube channel lately.

I've sometimes been called 'Joko' or 'Joko Engineering' due to past videos I have put on YouTube.

I have started a forum node here:

This is intended to support the community by asking for video topics I can cover. I can't guarantee I can cover everything, but I will do all I can!

Thanks to everyone for making the forum here such a great place, and I can't wait to make new friendships.

Joseph

gwbruce

Hello Joseph and welcome to the forum. I have been watching your videos for a while. You do a very good job of explaining what you are showing.

ClaudeG

very pleased Joseph, I was following you on Jolo Engeneering. I discover Alibre with you,; me too I was using Freecad with difficulty, it is lot simpler on Alibre.

Joseph_L

Administrator
Staff member
very pleased Joseph, I was following you on Jolo Engeneering. I discover Alibre with you,; me too I was using Freecad with difficulty, it is lot simpler on Alibre
Thank you very much, I'm so glad my content was helpful

Stu3d

Very helpful videos, thank you. I was designing a toolbox tray insert at the weekend and wanted to project to sketch reference geometry but couldn't work out how to as I have only ever applied it to faces and edges, not whole sketches. Was going to ask the question here and then stumbled upon your project to sketch video. I have subsequently looked at Alibre Help and it's all clearly written doen there too. I have only been using Alibre for 7 years :oops:

Ex Machina

Hey Joseph. I am writing this post because of you. When the entire subscription approach and ethos changed with Fusion 360, I decided that I couldn't afford paywalls to fall around me anymore, drastically increasing my costs to provide the services I do for my customers. At the time, I was looking for a replacement and I did look at your Alibre videos. I started a trial and I found a system that overall was amazing value even at the Design Expert package, which I eventually got.

Alibre is the ROI King in the CAD environment, in my opinion. The more I use it, the more I am amazed by the fact that it doesn't have 60%-70% of the CAD market, at least for small to medium businesses.

Joseph_L

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Joseph. I am writing this post because of you. When the entire subscription approach and ethos changed with Fusion 360, I decided that I couldn't afford paywalls to fall around me anymore, drastically increasing my costs to provide the services I do for my customers. At the time, I was looking for a replacement and I did look at your Alibre videos. I started a trial and I found a system that overall was amazing value even at the Design Expert package, which I eventually got.

Alibre is the ROI King in the CAD environment, in my opinion. The more I use it, the more I am amazed by the fact that it doesn't have 60%-70% of the CAD market, at least for small to medium businesses.
If you're the same Ex Machina as on Youtube, thanks so much for the comments. I enjoy hearing stories like yours where Alibre solved real problems. I totally agree on the ROI part of it too, I love Alibre because the platform does so much to put great CAD in the hands of everyone and that's something I believe in.

Joseph_L

Administrator
Staff member
Very helpful videos, thank you. I was designing a toolbox tray insert at the weekend and wanted to project to sketch reference geometry but couldn't work out how to as I have only ever applied it to faces and edges, not whole sketches. Was going to ask the question here and then stumbled upon your project to sketch video. I have subsequently looked at Alibre Help and it's all clearly written down there too. I have only been using Alibre for 7 years :oops:
Hey thanks Stu3d- I love finding handy little tools I haven't noticed before. Thanks so much for your views and I'm glad the video was helpful

Ex Machina

If you're the same Ex Machina as on Youtube, thanks so much for the comments. I enjoy hearing stories like yours where Alibre solved real problems. I totally agree on the ROI part of it too, I love Alibre because the platform does so much to put great CAD in the hands of everyone and that's something I believe in.
Hey Joseph. Yup. Same one... lol. I was actually contemplating FreeCAD for a while and that's how I came across your channel. But their topo problem is too large to efficiently work with. And their approach to user support is to scream in their faces "Git Gud". Alibre on the other hand was a professional software with a forum that actually provides solutions. And the reseller in Greece is an actual Superstar! Are there shortcomings? Yes. Are they insurmountable? Certainly not. So, here I am.