What's new

Hole Callouts, How do I modify Tolerance?

jfleming

Alibre Super User
See below. Aside from modifying the callout itself, is there a way to change the tolerance to 2 places on this?

It seems that anytime I modify an item in RED, it seems to have a mind of its own when I reopen the drawing months later.

1680693675404.png

Attachments

• 1680693532624.png
    1680693532624.png
    29 KB · Views: 0

JimCad

Have you tried:
Right click the dimension,
Select properties,
Click override properties,
Set decimal places.
Only tried on ordinary dimension.
Not got time to try on hole detail.

Jim

jfleming

Alibre Super User
Have you tried:
Right click the dimension,
Select properties,
Click override properties,
Set decimal places.
Only tried on ordinary dimension.
Not got time to try on hole detail.

Jim
Thanks Jim. Familiar with that process, however that is not an option on the Hole Callouts.

JimCad

I just tried with Atom but can't even find "Hole Callouts."
Does Atom have them or are they only part of the more expensive versions?
Sorry I can't help.
Jim

Serenity

Alibre Support
Staff member
@idslk that would be a global change to my entire drawing though, which I do not want. I have not found a way to target the hole callout specifically for "precision" modifcation.
Unfortunately, this is currently the only place in Drawing Properties that controls the precision (number of decimal places displayed). I will submit an enhancement request to add a precision option to the Hole/External Thread Callout section under Annotations in Drawing Properties.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
This sounds like a familiar issue and I think I submitted a support ticket about it some time ago. But it may have been about the lack of a separate control for the leader line. :confused:
But without anyway to view submitted tickets I cannot verify that.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I will submit an enhancement request to add a precision option to the Hole/External Thread Callout section under Annotations in Drawing Properties.

Having an Annotation Styles option would be also be nice. Or include it with the Dim Styles.

Dim Styles.jpg

Annotation Styles.jpg

JimCad

Unfortunately, this is currently the only place in Drawing Properties that controls the precision (number of decimal places displayed). I will submit an enhancement request to add a precision option to the Hole/External Thread Callout section under Annotations in Drawing Properties.
With Inventor you can select 1 or multiple dimensions then right click and there's an option for precision with a further option for up to 8 decimal places.
Would that be "doable" here? ? ?
Jim

JimCad

Couple of weeks until my Birthday.
Going away for a few days.
Sort it when I get back.
Can't wait! ! ( like a little kid again) :D

Serenity

Alibre Support
Staff member
With Inventor you can select 1 or multiple dimensions then right click and there's an option for precision with a further option for up to 8 decimal places.
Would that be "doable" here? ? ?
Jim
This can be done with Dimensions (right-click on a dimension then go to Properties, like mentioned above in this thread). However, Hole Callouts do not have the same Properties and cannot be edited that way.