What's new

Hole Tool issue

drbris

Reference rectangles are working in my v25, there are no nodes but there are snap points to add in the sketch except the center one that you have to delete.

drbris

It would be nice if the as well as minor,major,pitch diameter and tap diameter, there was also clearance diameter.
Ex the hole for a 1/2" 13 SHCS should have a clearance diameter of .05-.0516 unless you want to hammer them in.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
It would be nice if the as well as minor,major,pitch diameter and tap diameter, there was also clearance diameter.
Ex the hole for a 1/2" 13 SHCS should have a clearance diameter of .05-.0516 unless you want to hammer them in.
You do know that you can save Presets for commonly used holes? Also you may be able to add clearance hole data to the Hole Data Spreadsheet. I haven't tried this but with the new format for the hole data you'd think that would be possible.
Check out the Hole Tool video on the v22 enhancement page.

albie0803

Alibre Super User
That is a good work around, but is laborious to set up and I don't know how transportable that list is. (between versions)

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
The Hole Presets data is stored in a sub directory of your Alibre log files directory - this is in a User related folder, not version related, so presets should be available across versions.

I've just verified that by looking in the pre-set drop down list of my v25 installation - it shows a pre-set which was entered perhaps 5 years ago.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
If details are still desired: :)

I have been using my Presets since March 2014.

Last edited:

albie0803

Alibre Super User
It seems that all dimensions in the HPS file are in imperial, not Imp for Imp and Metric for Metric as suggested in the post Ralf referenced

drbris

I have set up presets for the head diameters and depth (manually entering them and saving them as presets even though the diameter and depth are standard and really should auto populate when I select a 1/2 -13 SHCS ), however if I specify a 1/2 13 thread it makes the hole diameter .5 (not .5 plus clearance also I have to look up the clearance diameters in another program (g wizard) or google it and it does not seem to be editable even though it is obviously doable since you can select pitch diameter , tap diameter ,major and minor but not clearance.