What's new

How do I update?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
The licensing systems for GD and AD2017 are completely independent of each other - neither knows what the other is doing. Licence keys were (largely) copied across for user convenience.

Whilst it might be best practice to release your activation before uninstalling GD (the uninstall process will remind you of this) it is not essential. You can release the activation yourself, no need to contact your reseller or Alibre.

It is important (to minimise risk of conflicts) to uninstall GD and then re-boot PC before installing AD2017. When prompted for activation key, just type in your current GD key (including the hyphens).

ftkalcevic

I went Help | About, then the License Key Status Button.
That pops up the Geomagic License Type window.
Select Online Activation License, then on the left a "Deactivation" option appears.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
OK sorry - I was in a rush and only skimmed the question; In ALIBRE DESIGN 2017 you release the license as I described.

In GD You use the Geomagic licensing utility - either from license key status as mentioned by ftkalcevic, or by running it directly.

Since the Geomagic (Flexera) and Alibre 2017 (Nalpeiron) licensing system don't talk to each other, there is no absolute need to release your GD license before migrating. The keys for most users are identical in both systems, but they are completely independent.