What's new

How to extrude text

jcdammeyer

I'm not sure why the extrude boss won't raise the text characters here. There's no error message. Just at red OK button. What do I do to make this work?

Attachments

• Misha.AD_PKG
    89.3 KB · Views: 15

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
The problem is with the Bold R in the second line. The status message for the failed extrude says there is an intersecting wire. You can see it happen when you toggle the bold on and off.
1704936612122.png

If you turn off the bold setting for that line it will extrude. But it will take a little while, that's a lot of text to extrude.

My condolences.

jcdammeyer

Thank you. That worked.

He went out. Got drunk. We think someone slipped him Fentanyl as the coroner reported toxic levels in his blood. One of the 7 Canadians per day in 2023 to end up this way. At least he took his last breath in his bed at home.

jcdammeyer

7 per day?
Wow. That's terrible.
As Harold said:
My condolences.

Jim
Yes. That's only in British Columbia, not the rest of the country. Our Funeral Home director mentioned how she had just recently has a family where a 13 year old boy died from Fentanyl poisoning. Just wanted to try something apparently. These are mostly all accidental deaths and not the sort of hard core drug addicts that spring to mind. Very sad.

So we continue. My wife took it harder but she worked with him. She's a Pharmacist and he worked in the same store as a Pharmacy assistant fabulous with patients and organizing group home medications. A breakup with his fiance started him drinking again. He left work for lunch and never came back. We picked him up downtown just after midnight when he called us. We thought he was really drunk. In the morning he was gone.

I could go on. It's' pointless to go into the what if we...

Meanwhile I'm 3D printing the part. Might use it as a pattern.

JimCad

Yes. That's only in British Columbia, not the rest of the country. Our Funeral Home director mentioned how she had just recently has a family where a 13 year old boy died from Fentanyl poisoning. Just wanted to try something apparently. These are mostly all accidental deaths and not the sort of hard core drug addicts that spring to mind. Very sad.

So we continue. My wife took it harder but she worked with him. She's a Pharmacist and he worked in the same store as a Pharmacy assistant fabulous with patients and organizing group home medications. A breakup with his fiance started him drinking again. He left work for lunch and never came back. We picked him up downtown just after midnight when he called us. We thought he was really drunk. In the morning he was gone.

I could go on. It's' pointless to go into the what if we...

Meanwhile I'm 3D printing the part. Might use it as a pattern.
My Mother in law was adicted to morphine based pain killers.
She used to swig away at the bottle.
A few years ago now.
Not with us any more.

Stu3d

I'm not sure why the extrude boss won't raise the text characters here. There's no error message. Just at red OK button. What do I do to make this work?
My condolences too.
If you want to keep the text bold you can explode it and then trim/delete the problem lines.
I did notice the date says 29DEC24 and should probaly be 29DEC23.

jcdammeyer

My condolences too.
If you want to keep the text bold you can explode it and then trim/delete the problem lines.
I did notice the date says 29DEC24 and should probaly be 29DEC23.
Thanks. Yes. After it was printed is when I noticed the 24. I quickly printed just a 3 and with a chisel removed the 4 from the 3D print. A bit of crazy glue and the 3 is now in place. A bit higher than the 4. Probably because of the way the layers glue together.

I'm thinking I might try lost PLA casting with this. Most of the videos on this are really boring though and truthfully I haven't seen many lost PLA parts that look as nice as standard green sand castings.

Aside from that I try to do at least one Alibre drawing a week. Like music, practice, practice, practice. In the process I discovered that the Sheet Metal drawing package doesn't export to AlibreCAM. The solution was to export the flattened sheet metal AD_SMP into STP. Then import the STP into AlibreCAD. From there run AlibreCAM and create the G-Code to cut out the inner sections. Where there's a will there's a way.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
You can make a new part and insert a sheet metal part by using a Boolean part feature. Then charges saved in the sheet metal part will update in the Boolean feature when the part is opened again.

My condolences as well.