What's new

How to use Fastener Constraint in Assembly

4ctech VN

Hello everynone,

I see Alibre Design Assembly includes Fastener constraint relationship, but I don't know how to use it

Has anyone used this constraint? please show me how to use it

Thank you!

Attachments

• fastener-constrain.jpg
    fastener-constrain.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 8

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Or this video from when fastener constraints were introduced

Where did you find that video? When I browse Alibre's website I see this:

The way their website displays info on my phone screen makes it pretty hard to look at and even harder to find anything specific. I got a headache from just 5 minutes searching for that video.

And still couldn't find it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220625-082650.png
    Screenshot_20220625-082650.png
    173.3 KB · Views: 11

simonb65

Alibre Super User
There are actually small video's embedded in the on-line help documentation. If you check out the link @idslk posted in post #3, then scroll down to the fastener constraint section, it shows 2 animated GIF's of how to apply it ...

1656245587346.png

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
One would think that referring to the Help manual would be the first step in solving a procedure issue. Unless the help manual is not clear but the Alibre team has put some effort into cleaning up the help in later versions.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
You guys must be using this software from offices, and accessing the help section with a PC using a high bandwidth connection.

For me, it's usually on an offline laptop, using my phone for the "help", YouTube and the forum.

On most days I have a good phone connection, YouTube runs great on my phone but at the same time Alibre's "help" section looks like these screen captures from about ten seconds ago:

I'm not usually the one needing help lately, but I can absolutely 100% understand why questions keep popping up given what I see from "help".

I wonder if when designing their help section, Alibre has taken into account that In 2022, over 58% of all internet traffic is is via phones.

Somehow Google and YouTube are fine for me right now, but on any given day "help" is a trainwreck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220626-121035.png
    Screenshot_20220626-121035.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20220626-120947.png
    Screenshot_20220626-120947.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20220626-122226.png
    Screenshot_20220626-122226.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 10

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
For me, it's usually on an offline laptop, using my phone for the "help", YouTube and the forum.

On most days I have a good phone connection,
I do have a cell phone but after looking at the forum a couple of times on it I opted to always use my desktop PC or laptop. Never tried the help manual on the phone after seeing what it did to the forum formatting. But you could use your phone as a Hot Spot to connect your laptop -- if it has that capability.
And I'd be looking for a better service if what I had was spotty.

I suppose this is one reason for a printable PDF Help Manual.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
You guys must be using this software from offices, and accessing the help section with a PC using a high bandwidth connection.
As Alibre is a desktop PC application, I tend to view the online help on the same platform ... whilst I'm actually using Alibre! Not sure why you would want to use another device (i.e. phone) to view the help if your sat at a PC anyway! Each to their own I guess.

I view from a mid spec PC on a so call 'fast' (but I would consider very slow) Broadband connection (8.4 Mbps Up, 33.2 Mbps down) and it all works fine for me ...

1656273015751.png

simonb65

Alibre Super User
No Internet Connection necessary!
The help is also available offline:
1656272953412.png
EDITED : Yes the local help also has animated GIF's that demonstrate the features. The on-line help will be updated and corrected more frequently though!

Last edited: