What's new

I can not get in 2D mode when in New Part.

Rowland

I can not get 2D to activate when using New Part design. I can not make a square in New Part. I can get 2D to work when making a drawing.

Old Geeser

If you are new then forget about working in the drawing workspace (it's for creating drawings, as opposed to a part).
Start a new part by clicking on "activate a new sketch" in the upper left corner of the page. You will notice a small down arrow carrot in the lower right corner of this icon. Click on it and select a "Activate 2D sketch".
Next select the plane from the tree on the left of the screen under "Planes" click on "XY-Plane"
You can now create the shape you desire in the large workspace.
Good luck

JimCad

Subscribe to this man:
The link above is a playlist.
Find the most basic video and watch from there. It will all begin to fall into place.
Put the time in to get the fruit of your effort.
Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Jim

Rowland

Subscribe to this man:
The link above is a playlist.
Find the most basic video and watch from there. It will all begin to fall into place.
Put the time in to get the fruit of your effort.
Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Jim
I have looked through the entire course. It is great, the instructor is great. Thanks so much for your help. This course should be part of the oopening screen on Alibre.

Rowland

If you are new then forget about working in the drawing workspace (it's for creating drawings, as opposed to a part).
Start a new part by clicking on "activate a new sketch" in the upper left corner of the page. You will notice a small down arrow carrot in the lower right corner of this icon. Click on it and select a "Activate 2D sketch".
Next select the plane from the tree on the left of the screen under "Planes" click on "XY-Plane"
You can now create the shape you desire in the large workspace.
Good luck
Thanks so much. I didn't know how to select a plane. I spent several days and then spent several minutes once i learned how to get into sketch mode.

I have looked through the entire course. It is great, the instructor is great. Thanks so much for your help. This course should be part of the oopening screen on Alibre.
Actually, they do have video tutorials linked on the launcher, they're on the second tab I believe. But you're right, especially on Alibre Atom3D or if it's your first few times opening, it would help to have them linked up front.