What's new

Illustration Display not working in V23

Trey71105

I remember using the Illustration display option for 3D components in V22 but it's greyed out now.

Is there something I'm missing to utilize this option?

Attachments

• Illustration display.PNG
    Illustration display.PNG
    120.4 KB · Views: 26

simonb65

Alibre Super User
All the features that require HOOPs graphics core are greyed out ... have you got 'use legacy graphics' enabled by mistake in your display options?

Trey71105

That's exactly what Alibre said on my help ticket. I would have never figured that out. I've never even seen that option before.

Was there something I missed that fully explains that?

Attachments

• Legacy Display.PNG
    Legacy Display.PNG
    214.7 KB · Views: 12

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Was there something I missed that fully explains that?
Nothing other than the experience, and issues, of going through the transition from the old legacy core to the newer HOOPs core! Back in the v2019 days.

I'm not even sure if there is a note in the help or not associated with those features. I think Alibre was hoping that the legacy core would have been removed by now, but some users still see issues with HOOPs and prefer the older core. I guess with v24 on the horizon, and newer lofting features, that legacy will be a thing of the past soon anyway.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
It is mentioned in the help, but only if your really looking for it (and only if your looking for a description of the legacy option, not if your seeing the symptoms of it or searching on the actual feature that's greyed out!) ...

It would have really helped the user if the tooltip for the button showed the text "This feature is not available in Legacy Mode" when you hovered over a greyed out button!

upload_2021-8-31_8-47-30.png