What's new

I'm Back! (and I broke something)

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
Ran into this bug again today while adding some details to a Drawing for this new product. Suddenly dawned on me that there's a support system on the Alibre site, so I typed up and submitted a ticket that included another affected Drawing and the copy I made of that affected Sketch in the 3D model. Hopefully someone at Alibre can tear into those files & figure out what's going on.

Ran into this bug again today while adding some details to a Drawing for this new product. Suddenly dawned on me that there's a support system on the Alibre site, so I typed up and submitted a ticket that included another affected Drawing and the copy I made of that affected Sketch in the 3D model. Hopefully someone at Alibre can tear into those files & figure out what's going on.
Hi Mike -- I do hope that you created a Package File from the Drawing to send to Support!

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
Yep, I managed to figure out how to create Package files. And just as I was about to leave work yesterday, a fellow from Alibre Support by the name of Brian was able to locate one reference dimension (not even a driving dimension, a reference dimension) in the affected view I sent him that, if deleted, cured my bug. Neither of us can comprehend why. There's nothing special about it, it's just a plain ordinate dimension locating a point. Deleting any of the other ordinate dimensions in that view has no effect, it has to be that specific one.

So he says he passed it along to the developers so they can really dig into it & find out what makes that dim so special that it feels like it has to mess up my drawing :D

Reactions: MKR

Drutort

I found that copy, paste with base point of same sketch works, or copy paste into fresh sketch, you do lose some dim and reference objects, but maybe this is a key as to why?