What's new

Is it possible to cause a drawing to only display the non-hidden parts of an assembly?

dwc

Alibre Super User
When I try to make a drawing of only certain parts of my assembly that has the parts I don't need in the drawing hidden, AD always places the entire assembly in the drawing.
I could, of course, delete those parts from the assembly, but am not sure all the constraints would hold up well.
I don't make drawings very often, I must be missing something.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Don

Solution
From my experience, if parts are only hidden in an assembly they will show up when a drawing is generated. They would need to be supressed to not show up.

If this is not practical, you are able to hide parts that you do not want to see in a drawing by right clicking on the parts you want to hide in a drawing view and selecting either "hide" or "hide part in all views". You can also expand the assembly in the left design tree and hide parts in each view there as well.

flacustom

From my experience, if parts are only hidden in an assembly they will show up when a drawing is generated. They would need to be supressed to not show up.

If this is not practical, you are able to hide parts that you do not want to see in a drawing by right clicking on the parts you want to hide in a drawing view and selecting either "hide" or "hide part in all views". You can also expand the assembly in the left design tree and hide parts in each view there as well.

Solution

albie0803

Alibre Super User
As you have discovered, hidden in an assembly doesn't hide in a drawing. You need to do it manually.

In the drawing explorer, click the > next to the view you want to edit, click the > next to the assembly, right click on the part/s you want to hide and select Hide or Hide Part all Views

1694753264042.png

JimCad

I'm surprised that the drawings don't show the configurations as they are?
I would have expected them to do so.
I'm just a novice so please correct me if I'm talking rubbish.
Jim

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Jim,

Part hidden in assembly does not affect status in drawing (but can be separately hidden in drawing)

Supressed in assembly means part won't display in drawing.

JimCad

Ok thanks David.
Just another way of doing things for me to get my head around.
I still need to spend a lot more time to convert over from my Inventor thinking to Alibre thinking.
Getting there . . . .slowly.

JimCad

Hidden.
I see.
Back to the earlier posts about hidden and suppressed.
I understand now.
I misunderstood and thought that I was missing something and there Was a way to not show hidden parts.
Thanks for clarifying it for an old duffer.
Jim