What's new

"Legacy" versions losing the ability to generate licenses

GaretDH

I've come by long experience to know better when companies call their licensing schemes "perpetual" or permanent in any way, so I guess this is no surprise.

As of the server decommissioning next month, Alibre has chosen to also remove the ability to generate licenses for existing copies of the software, right? So the next time I need to build a new computer I'm out of luck.

Jonathan

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Garet,

I looked up your account - you will have access to an earlier version of Alibre that was developed by Alibre, LLC. This version will be on the latest licensing system and will allow you to move from one computer to another. You are getting the free upgrade next month that will include additional features even though you haven't been active on maintenance. More information is here - https://www.alibre.com/flexera-deprecation/.

Feel free to reach out to us directly if you have any questions: hello@alibre.com.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Max

Administrator
Staff member
To add to this - there are 2 different server decommissions happening.

One is Flexera from 3D Systems - they are shutting off Alibre's access to it. Software on that system will no longer continue to run at all. For this reason, we're providing everyone on the Flexera licensing system from 3D Systems an upgrade to Alibre Design 2017 for free.

The second is the old Alibre Inc licensing system that's been in operation for almost 2 decades. This affects pretty old licenses. When this one is shut off, the software will continue to run. However, there will be no mechanism to relicense the software after that server and the CRM behind it are permanently decommissioned.