What's new

Map new path for parts in an assembly

sbeamers

Has anyone got a script that will provide remapping of parts in an assembly from one folder to another?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
You might want to explain why Save As isn't doing what you need, and also a bit more detail on what it is that you do need.

You might want to explain why Save As isn't doing what you need, and also a bit more detail on what it is that you do need.
Hi David -- I suspect that what "SBeamers" wants is to be able to change the SaveAs for all Components of an Assembly without changing the location of the Assembly itself (quite a tedious task within the SaveAs environment). -- Lew

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Lew - we can all suspect things; perhaps best if the OP actually defines the desired functionality. That way, anyone that takes up the challenge won't be wasting time and effort implementing the wrong thing.

Lew - we can all suspect things; perhaps best if the OP actually defines the desired functionality. That way, anyone that takes up the challenge won't be wasting time and effort implementing the wrong thing.
Hi David -- And how often do you operate Projects containing more than 1000 Component Parts and dozens of Assemblies? This is essentially a monthly problem for me -- which is why I am so vociferous on this subject. -- Lew

otrotabi

I guess it is not necessarily what sbeamers needs to do, but this video shows how to move all parts to a new folder.