What's new

Material Library Wishlist

TimoCAD

Ok, thanks Max!

Had another idea, can we have the "COG - Center of Gravity" of a Part or an assembly as a 3d point, generated automatically by the Software?

Had another idea, can we have the "COG - Center of Gravity" of a Part or an assembly as a 3d point, generated automatically by the Software?
I will argue that we need a special "symbol" for such an identification. It is something that should be able to be shown (if useful) in (2D) Drawing views.

simonb65

Alibre Super User

Trouble is that it takes quite some time to calculate the C of G ... well it does via the API anyway! So moving the model becomes very laggy.

I will argue that we need a special "symbol" for such an identification. It is something that should be able to be shown (if useful) in (2D) Drawing views.
Just like my plugin ...

https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/i...e-centipede-with-tap-shoes.20811/#post-133010

dmckee101

Alibre Super User
Please add Flexural Modulus and Flexural Strength. These metrics work as a better corollary to real world performance of polymers.

Noxxe

Would love to see the material library interface improved as has been described.

Perhaps you can allow the users to add some custom fields to compliment their specific environment. Probably falls under the easier said than done category.